Order of Install for Asus V9520 AGP Drivers

patwa

I've just re-formatted and re-installed windows on my system and now am starting the rather tedious process of re-installing the drivers for my hardware.

I've got an ASUS V9520 Geforce FX5200 128MB AGP Graphics Card, and when loading the driver CD, there are options for both NVIDIA and ASUS Enhanced drivers, as well as the usual control panel and overclocking software (although seeing as this card is hardly hardware overclockable at all, beats me why they even bothered to put that bit in).

I'm not sure whether to install the NVIDIA or ASUS driver first. In the past I've just installed the ASUS one, but then I've never been able to access these so called 'enhanced' settings. Is it the case that the NVIDIA drivers are the base drivers for the chipset, and the ASUS ones are just the addons from, well, ASUS?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hussein.

• 1 month later...

The asus drivers are the normal nvidia drivers with some added tweaks in it. If you want to oc you can just aswell use the latest nvidia drivers and search for coolbits. With that you can unlock the oc tab in the drivers.

I have a older GF4 4200 from asus and i use the nvidia drivers aswell.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi and thanks for your post. I'm now using nLite to slipstream my drivers, and have done this with the SATA drivers successfully. However, when I come to do the same with the graphics card drivers, I have two notable drivers, an Asus one and an Nvidia one. It doesn't seem to like it when I put in both, so am going to try just the latest Nvidia drivers from the nvidia website.

Do I need any other drivers? I mean, if I reove the default Microsoft Display Drivers, will that effect anything?

I know when I came to install the sound card, if I removed the sound drivers from the CD and just put in the ones for the sound chip on my motherboard (CMedia 9761), it complained that it couldn't find various files. So I do wonder.

Hussein.

Just as a follw-up, the current Nvidia Drivers sem to be the forceware v91. the international version is nearly 60Mb. It mentions a lot of features I know my card doesn't have. are these still the correct drivers to use? Does Nvidia just have one driver for all its Geforce cards, and jst add features for the newer cards as they come out?

Hussein.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi and thanks for your post. I'm now using nLite to slipstream my drivers, and have done this with the SATA drivers successfully. However, when I come to do the same with the graphics card drivers, I have two notable drivers, an Asus one and an Nvidia one. It doesn't seem to like it when I put in both, so am going to try just the latest Nvidia drivers from the nvidia website.

Do I need any other drivers? I mean, if I reove the default Microsoft Display Drivers, will that effect anything?

I know when I came to install the sound card, if I removed the sound drivers from the CD and just put in the ones for the sound chip on my motherboard (CMedia 9761), it complained that it couldn't find various files. So I do wonder.

Hussein.

Just as a follw-up, the current Nvidia Drivers sem to be the forceware v91. the international version is nearly 60Mb. It mentions a lot of features I know my card doesn't have. are these still the correct drivers to use? Does Nvidia just have one driver for all its Geforce cards, and jst add features for the newer cards as they come out?

Hussein.

If you install the current drivers that nvidia has the software will automatically enable all functions that are available for your card. Also dont forget that the international version of the drivers has localized text for most languages which add some extra mb's aswell to the drivers.