wrong mp3 player firmware

nitroshift

Hi guys!

I've got a Technika ML-2 mp3 player that one day decided not to play any files on it. More so, it said it hasn't got any in the memory although it showed memory full. Couldn't format it in DOS, Windows, etc., couldn't acces its memory, the only thing that was able to do is start up. Thought a firmware flash will sort it out. So i found a fresh firmware from SigmaTel (the chip in my player is a SigmaTel 3503) and flashed the player. During the flash process its memory was formatted as well. Everything went ok. After flashing I was able to access the memory and even put a few mp3's on it. Removed it from the pc, placed a battery in it and wanted to start the player. Dead! Not even the pc recognises it anymore (when i plug it in the usb nothing happens). Any chance to revive it? Any / all help will be highly appreciated. Thanks guys.

nitro

It isn't the hardware as it worked before flashing. After i flashed it, I didn't remove it from the pc before accessing its memory. I put the mp3 files onto it and THEN removed it from the pc. And THEN I realised it was dead. I have got it plugged into the pc as I'm typing and no "New Hardware" pop-ups in the tray... It doesn't appear in the Device Manager either. Bl**dy player... :realmad:

i'm not familiar with that particular chip, but i have done a bit of chip programming in my day.

i think if you open up the case and locate the chip, making a connection between a couple of pins on the chip should erase it.

you'll have to locate documentation on the chip before you do so and consider it only as a last resort.

well, i can't find documentation on any sigmatel chip, so that might not be a viable solution.

Edited by i'm not ophiel