Help..disable system file protection...

koala

For a person like me who downloads programs quite often, if I can't delete or change anything, how does a person ever get rid of anything on their computer.

If a delete a scr svr, it instantly reappears, even though the deleted one is in the Recycle Bin. I understand until I can disable the System File Protection, you can't delete anything in your computer.

Please help me. Someone surely knows how to take care of this matter.

Even though I absolutely love my XP, it does have some very disturbing aspects I would love to shoot.

After posting this question on five total forums, I finally got an answer from one of them and the answer worked. There were eleven of you who checked out my post, but apparently not one of you had the same problem or even wanted to delete anything, so I guess you didn't need the answer.:)

Name calling is not very nice. I was hoping someone would ask for the answer, but I wasn't expecting a smartass.

I deleted the dll cache file first, then deleted the system 32 file second. This did remove the scr svr from my display properties list. I got a message box asking me to insert my orig. CD so I could reinstall. I clicked Cancel and Yes I was sure.

Now you have your answer even if you did smart off. Next time try asking nicely, then maybe people won't think ill of you. The world is full of mean people, we really need more nice ones.:)

[b:ca4f37e250]koala[/b:ca4f37e250] - First off do you think we all dont have lifes. We are all busy with other things and your dam post was only posted yesterday. You might look for patience in your free time. Also you got a smart a** responce because you started your 2nd post in that fashion. There isnt a question that has been asked that hasnt been solved or answered, but we dont sit on this board waiting for the next one to be asked. So I encourage you to relax and kick back.

-XPerties

If you are so efficient and watch and answer all that is asked, then why in the past weeks, did I not get an answer to two other posts I had done. In fact when I came back to the forum to post this last question, I had to completely re-register. And when I did, I registered in the same username and password as before and was welcomed as a brand new member. But actually this is not the only forum that I had never got any response from, so maybe I am just asking questions that for right now, no one seems to know the answer. This XP is really new and maybe I am trying to get ahead of what I am wanting to do.

Sorry.

The reason why you had to re-register is because we had a major promblem with our data base and lost alot of the newer members. Your post was probaly new and was wiped or didnt show up as new, so no-one could answer it. XP is far from new to alot of us. Myself have been using it for almost a year if not longer. Your question just sometimes takes time if one of us is busy. We also run other websites not only this one.

-XPerties

If you have been using XP for almost a year, then you must have it down in your mind really well and would seem like the type of person that could really answer a lot of questions. I envy you and your knowledge. I may not be as knowledgeable as you are in XP, and you probably know a lot more about computers than me, but I am not the type of person that doesn't know anything about a computer. I have friends that can barely get on, get mail and get back off. I want to know more than I do now. I am sure that you communicate with a lot of people on this forum and thru email and I would like to tap your brain knowledge in some of the problems and questions that I have.

This forum should be proud to have someone like you.

Uh yah sometimes they feel that way,other times Im just a pain in the a**. Just keep in mind that we all run other sites and love to share are experiance with others. Sometimes it takes longer tho....thats why we made this site. Not to mention its just a nice place to chat and hang out in your spare time. Take some time out and read the forums rules and if you use the search feature located on the main page youll find alot of post and other items that might be useful to you. Take care till next time

-XPerties