Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

removing, How can I ?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

acen2006

acen2006

Junior

• Pip
  • 77 posts
  • Joined 27-May 06
Can any one please tell me how i can remove the service packs from windows using Nlite if possible ? Thanks :)

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

trickytwista

trickytwista

Nlite user n lovin' it

• PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • Joined 06-February 05
strange how you want to remove a service pack... not recommended either as a service pack updates and overwrites many files that actually runs windows so you could expect problems by doing this..... maybe someone can correct me if im wrong about this :whistle: oh BTW nlite cannot remove a service pack

Edited by trickytwista, 27 June 2006 - 09:02 AM.

RyanVM

RyanVM

Like a big surly teddy bear.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,661 posts
  • Joined 31-August 03
No, you can't remove a service pack once it's been applied
RyanVM MSFN Files | RyanVM Forums
Please do not link directly to files on my site or modify/redistribute them without getting my permission first. Link to the above URL instead.
Current Update Pack Release: 2.2.2
(Released April 28, 2008)

BTW, 90% of what I say is kidding around. Don't take things so personally ;)

Xable

Xable

XUDPack

• PipPip
  • 201 posts
  • Joined 23-November 04
Ye unless you have a log of everything that changed on the cd after the slipstream and a backup of the files which were overwriten your chasing a lost cause i`m afraid.

Ponch

Ponch

MSFN Junkie

• Patrons
  • 3,287 posts
  • Joined 23-November 05

Ye unless you have a log of everything that changed on the cd after the slipstream and a backup of the files which were overwriten your chasing a lost cause i`m afraid.

nLites creates a new install cd starting from an install cd (or set of files). If you are looking for an install cd "with backup of removed files", I'm afraid you might search a long time :rolleyes:

Xable

Xable

XUDPack

• PipPip
  • 201 posts
  • Joined 23-November 04

nLites creates a new install cd starting from an install cd (or set of files). If you are looking for an install cd "with backup of removed files", I'm afraid you might search a long time :rolleyes:

I know exactly what nLite is capable of thanx very much.. i test the alphas... :rolleyes:

ZcWorld

ZcWorld

• PipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Joined 23-February 05
im trying to work out why you want to remove a SP from a Nlite CD
but if you got the master unmodded CD than just recopy the CD and use the Nlite last_session.ini file to do the changes just dont do the SP adding thats all
>> Away : back on the 10th of jan << Woot .. back to work afters never ending fun

Ponch

Ponch

MSFN Junkie

• Patrons
  • 3,287 posts
  • Joined 23-November 05

I know exactly what nLite is capable of thanx very much.. i test the alphas... :rolleyes:

ouh, touchy ! :P I guess eveybody on this forum knows something if not a lot about nLite, it should not keep people from asking questions or giving replies. It would be a dead place soon.
I meant you can have cd with or withous integrated service pack, but unlikely one with service pack AND with the removed files.
+the question is how to remove SP with nLite if you can. So the answer is no and it's not made for that. Smile. :hello:

Xable

Xable

XUDPack

• PipPip
  • 201 posts
  • Joined 23-November 04

+the question is how to remove SP with nLite if you can. So the answer is no and it's not made for that. Smile. :hello:

Yes and ryan already said that, i agreed, then went onto explain the only other way to do it was to record the changes yourself.. i think you misunderstood my reply.

im trying to work out why you want to remove a SP from a Nlite CD
but if you got the master unmodded CD than just recopy the CD and use the Nlite last_session.ini file to do the changes just dont do the SP adding thats all

I`m thinking he doesn`t have the unmodded CD and want`s one without SP.. maybe wants to go back to SP1 or just have a clean cd without a SP ready to slip SP3 into it.. I know I prefer sliping SP`s into clean rtm cd..

Edited by Xable, 28 June 2006 - 08:52 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users