Where Windows Updates files are stored?

nilkanth

Instead of Automatic Updates, I always update windows XP through Windows update site and choosing CUSTOM install option and selecting necessary updates.

Previously when I was updating windows by downloading & installing through windows update site, the updates file were stored in “Temporary Internet Files” folder. And I was saving that files to some other location, so that need not download them again whenever I reinstall windows xp.

But since few months, I am unable to find updates file in “Temporary Internet Files” folder & also cannot trace out them from other location.

Can someone show me Where Windows Updates files are stored?

Thanks,

Nilkanth Patel

WIndows update uses a folder named "WUTemp" It could be in the root of C, your documents and settins temporary folder or under intert temp however this is all moot because you don't want to do it that way.

When you lownload files you can go through the more link to get the files that you download later, however what you really want to use is not windows update but the lesser known windows update catalog.

This site will allow you to go through and download all updates for whatever you specify in one shot to one directory, also you can specify to only see updates from the past month or so etc etc.

http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/catalog

• 8 months later...

there is anyway that using the window updated located at c:/windows/software distribution [replace fowardslash to backslash, first time posting and don't know if backslash are omitted] to use them as hotfixes and integrate them with nlite? i tried looking for a similar topic in the forum but this one was the most closed.

any comment is welcome,

thanks.