Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Creating an eMachines install CD

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

aosier

aosier
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 29-June 06
I bought a refurbished eMachines PC. It didn't come with any CDs. I'd like to partition the harddrive and setup a slimmed down XP install on it. This PC has Windows XP Home installed.

I have a vanilla (non-SP2) Windows XP Pro install CD, but I don't have a key for it. It is the corporate version. I have the key for my new XP Home installation that came with the PC.

Can I use my XP Home key with the source files from the vanilla XP Pro CD to create a nLite install CD? And if so, will an install using this CD be validated by the Microsoft Geniune Windows junk online?

Thanks,
Andy

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

The Glimmerman

The Glimmerman

• PipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Joined 03-November 03
I don't think that will work. You will need an XP Pro key or an Corporate key. Maybe you can try to alter WinXP's setupp.ini an use the Home key. But I give you a small chance it works.
Good Luck
Help us help you, by helping yourself. Or, in other words, RTFM.
And never say you don't have time. If you have time to ask and wait, then you have time to read.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users