Can you make Windows Vista, and Windows NT compatibility for nLite

hyipo

i think vista is getting worked on, and windows nt? windows nt what? 3.1? 4? windows 2000? xp? :lol: i don't see why nlite would even want to support a NT version lower than 2000... pointless really

ok, first question that comes to my mind when i see this kind of topics:

why do you want support for an obsolete system which now it doesn't have support from its main source: microsoft? ... more over ... why do you want support for a system that it hasn't been relased yet (aka unfinished/untested/buggy)?

ok, first question that comes to my mind when i see this kind of topics:

why do you want support for an obsolete system which now it doesn't have support from its main source: microsoft? ... more over ... why do you want support for a system that it hasn't been relased yet (aka unfinished/untested/buggy)?

How could you say it's obsolete.

Soon in the future you will say Windows 2000 Adv. Server will be obsolete and then just to use nLite integration I will be forced to buy Windows 2003 Server.

:) Never end nLite support for Windows 2000. I will never upgrade to Windows 2003 Server.

Also theres people that love to use old computers, and operating systems espically if now the newer systems will use Windows Product Annoyance/Activation. I don't want to be forced to activate just to have nLite supported server systems with activation.

That's why I love Windows 2000 support is because I get to have a server without Product Activation.

One more thing some people are forced to use old operating systems in old computers and they need good security.

Does anybody agree that we need to have support for old operating systems (W98, W95, WNT, WMe) or never lose support for W2K, XP just because it becomes obsolete.

Edited by hyipo

win9x-nt4

is obsolite, cause microsoft stoped fixing there problems.

2k wont be removed, cause it can be used as an upto date system, running stable and well.

Edited by gdogg

Oldest which nLite supports is and will be Windows 2000, sp4 very recommended.

Vista...well, here are the blockers:

- Microsoft has made some nice (and usually hard to use) distribution tools, I'm trying them and I gotta say I'm not happy with it but it has some sort of component configuration...didn't work for me but that doesn't mean it wont so I would like to know how it will turn out before investing time in making those functions myself

- nLitement of Vista will require, very probable for now, the Microsoft Vista image editing tool, which I am not allowed to distribute with nlite...meaning trouble...well you can download it yourself, we'll see about that part, the first fact is more engaging

the only reason why anyone would want NT4 to be Nlited would be because of

licencing stuf...

as for example i myself dont have any windows server licence except for win NT4 (standard server).

so maybe il to would be interested in nliting it....

but as its for realy only the few of us...

i think that its not realy worth it ....

i guess twaking and disabling services the Mircrosoft way

is the best we can expect...

maybe we could try a batch script to unload some dlls and disbable some stuf after install,