nLite v1.0 Final

Jeremy

Well, after my own personal experience tonight, I'm actually quite disappointed with nLite. I made two CDs tonight and both of them froze during the initial stage of setup when keyboard and mouse support are installed. It just totally freezes and my CD-ROM drive eject button doesn't even respond. I integrated my drivers the first time, and didn't at all the second time. Neither makes a difference. What was supposed to be a simple procedure turned into my worst nightmare. I dealt with this crap a year and a half ago and I can't believe I'm still dealing with it now after not having to format for nearly a year.

Anyway, just letting you know it's pulling the same tricks as it used to, for me anyway. Part of me realizes how much I take my PC for granted, and another part of me was looking forward to playing HL2DM with PuntoMX tonight. I guess I can forget that. There's only so many times you can swap a HD between two PCs before you go totally insane and put your fist through something... like I did. Well, it was my desk and it didn't break... but the intention was there for about 5 solid seconds. :realmad:

Well, it finally continued onto the next phase of setup, but it sat there installing my "mouse and keyboard and flickering my monitor" for a good 10-15 minutes. It always used to take 45-60 seconds. I noticed that after RyanVM's pack was finished integrating with nLite, a message told me that due to the mass amount of hotfixes, slowness would likely be experienced during initial stages of setup. But 10-15 minutes instead of 1 minute? Is that reasonable? Anyone notice this?

That message isn't even really true anymore. The problems with setup delays were back around version 1.3 of the Update Pack when it was pushing 150 CAT files.

This is the beginning of GUI setup you're talking about? I've never seen anything like you're describing on any of my test installs (both virtual and live).