[Question] how do I disable IE cached for web pages?

kurt476

Hi there long time not chat. wel you kow what i'm going to ask?. far ask i know that IE like's to keep web pages in cache, I wounder if this is possible to disable IE's cache so that wounldn't collect the web pages that i don't need. the cache is onlyu for ppl who do have dial up. I have cable which is faster then dial up. so is this possible?

I wounder if this is possible to disable IE's cache so that wounldn't collect the web pages that i don't need. the cache is onlyu for ppl who do have dial up. I have cable which is faster then dial up. so is this possible?

The cache is not only for people who have dial up. Accessing a file on your hard drive is faster than ANY internet connection you could have. You can make the cache smaller, but that will mean that only the most recent pages have been cached. The default setting is far to large, but something like 50MB should be a good size.

There're cleaning progs which can do that but I don't use them. The problem is that IE cache is more than just your internet pages. IE keeps storing info in the index.dat file. It keeps building up in size.

Just log on to another admin account or another installation and delete the whole Content.IE5 folder. That will do it nicely. So why bother with other cleaning programs? You can also write a logoff or logon script that does that.