Is it hard to install XP on a non raid drive..and then install a secon

Hi..thanks for the help...I have XP installed on a non raid drive C: I am trying to install XP on a RAID0 set up.....I have tried to install the raid set up but the puter reboots after a BSOD right when it tries to get to my desktop...is it because of some conflict with another OS on the non raid drive? I tried to disconnect the non raid drive before booting up the raid XP but still..no dice...any ideas?

Thanks

FoxK

FoxK

I tried to disconnect the non raid drive before booting up the raid XP but still..no dice...any ideas?

The boot files for the Raid XP may be loaded on the single drive. It's easier to just have the Raid Drives installed during XP install then add the single drive later - That way you know where the boot stuff is.

Otherwise more info please;

Type of install, I'll assume unattended, F6 (drivers on floppy), or intergrated raid drivers. (if so How?)

Type of raid, make, on motherboard/PCI card. Raid driver version?

Other drivers included in install (nForce4 and nVidia graphics drivers don't play nice)

Search the drivers section of the forum for your raid type, maybe a known problem.

What else is going on with the install, if you get to the welcome screen/logon it may not be a raid issue.

Can the single drive XP see and recognise the Raid set, if so run a disc check on it, windows help - chkdsk