I lost my data!

lennierv

I just quick formatted the wrong partition on my NTFS formatted hardisk.

I had all my data on the C: drive now I can't recover the data I want...

Anyway to unformat????

I already tried using RECOVER MY FILES 3.94

I don't seem to find what I want to find..

If you selected "Quick format", you can use data recovery tools. If you did the full format, get an electron microsope, $40000 and 6 months and you MAY be able to recover about 30mb :P

Your chance of recovery diminishes every time you write on the HD so don't do anything on this partition or drive. Install any tools elsewhere and mount the disk as slave.

Important data should not be stored in C and should have regular backups.

Just mail me in tincup24@yahoo.co.in and get the SW for all data back... I got 100% data recovered after full format and OS reinstalled. Attachment is not accepted here....

dont worry :D

Edited by tincup

Visit the following site for a free recovery programme. It has recovered even from hidden / deleted partitions so long as these were not overwritten.

www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/UK/welcome.htm

You can also try bootitng from terabyteunlimited. It can undelete partitions without any loss. It operates without any OS loaded. Please do read the help section on undelete partition.

this works and has saved me in the past, takes about 1 minute!

download testdisk ( http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk_Download )

run it and it'll scan your drives for recently deleted partitions and it'll just re-write them in

i deleted my 300gb external backup hard drive partition once by accident when installing windows, this bought it back, have had no problems at all with it

and its freeware :)

Bledd,

If you accidently reformatted your C: drive, how would you use the program to recover it?

Does it have to be run from a boot disk or from within windows?

Some info here on the application of the program would be very helpful here to me and those reading the forum.

Thanks in advance,

Andromeda43

PS: How's the summer weather in Wales?

PC Inspector does not need local installation. You can install it on some other pc. Simply include these files in BartPE & run it.

I use Bootitng as my boot manager. I have over 15 primary partitions on. This record is maintained by bootitng in its own database on its own parition. As and when you boot it makes different primary(ies) & extended partition as visible, rest of the space being shown as unused. There is no trace of these paritions in the mbr. Even in this state PC Inspector finds all these hidden (or deleted equivalent) partitions & offers to retrieve files from them.

It is definitely worth a try.

Bledd,

If you accidently reformatted your C: drive, how would you use the program to recover it?

Does it have to be run from a boot disk or from within windows?

Some info here on the application of the program would be very helpful here to me and those reading the forum.

Thanks in advance,

Andromeda43

PS: How's the summer weather in Wales?

file scavenger 3 can recover them well

can get files back from raid partitions too (ask ryanvm!!)