Encountering Problems, Plz Help!

DJ_VuDuu

:) I just formatted both my hard disks, installed WinXP Pro, none of my newer games ie:Unreal Tournament 2k3, Planetside, Rollercoaster Tycoon 2, Jedi Knight 2, and newer Demos ie: Ghost Master, Chaser. Yet, my older games, ie: Starcraft work fine. Before the re-install, all my games worked fine. I've installed all available updates, including sp1. I have the latest drivers for my video card(ATI Radeon 8500 LE), sound card(Soundblaster Live! Series), and my mobo(Crappy crap brand, w/via chipset).

Now, I know all of these games work, so why am I having problems? I have a picture of the error message that comes up when I run the Planetside launcher, it's similar to all the others, but I don't know how, or where to post it, ask me and I can e-mail it to you or something. Thanks in advance.

Would you be more specific on the kind of error message you get, if you get one ? Or is the screen just blanking and returning back to your desktop ?

The only error message I get is the standard XP error message: "blah, blah, blah, has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." That one. Thats all I get from games like Planetside, others just blank and return to the desktop without it ever making it to the game. Others, like Rollercoaster tycoon 2, just flat out don't start.

You said your using the latest drivers, is that the 3.6 catalyst's? if it is i have had the same problem with nearly the same games ut2k3 and jk2, changed to the omegadrivers and bingo away they go and im getting better fps than i ever did with the catalyst drivers!!!