Why is everyone so excited about Longhorn?

jayroller

Why all the fuss over Longhorn? A buggy, unstable alpha release of an OS just shouldn't be so popular. I don't remember everyone getting excited over neptune (win2k precursor), or half as excited over whistler, even when that reached beta, so why now? Sure, once LH reaches beta I'll be back - i had 3638 and 4008 -, but the sheer excitement and publicity over ridiculously early builds makes me shake my head like the old-timer I'm slowly but surely becoming.

I just think people are getting a little over excited too early, god only knows what the final builds will look like and contain when compared to the ones around now. I am interested in seeing things early, of course - hence 3638 which was downloaded on a 56k modem! - but it just seems to have gotten a little out of hand.

Personally, I blame this "internet" thing for getting everyone all excited. Maybe they should shut the 'net after, say, 10.30pm (like uk tv used to), and just show a test card or something.

Whaddya reckon then folks? Is there too much hype over LH? Or am I just missing the point?

ok no effense buddy but shutting down the internet at 10:30 would just be fuced up stupid 2 do and only sum1 old would think of a stupid idea like that pay so much money 4 ****in internet and cant go on at certain hours that would be retarded and thats the best time 2 b on msn so screw that idea :rolleyes: and maybe theres so much hype over longhorn is because theres allot more computer users and there r more experinced computer users then there were when neptune or whistler came out. Those r my reasons 4 that being that dumbest thing ever said!

P.S r u drunk

P.S.S Or just 1 of those old guys that i was talkin about in this post :)

We all look forward to Longhorn because its going to have a massive radical change in the history of Windows.

Grunge - Keep the swearing down, we put those swear filters in for a reason, and should not be evaded.

ok no effense buddy but shutting down the internet at 10:30 would just be fuced up stupid 2 do and only sum1 old would think of a stupid idea like that pay so much money 4 ****in internet....

jeez, some people, i don't know.

maybe this will help

Lol...I love that link :) I guess I can tell Widnez_Boy that I think I just found Jeffk's real brother.

IMO, Microsoft uses leaks as free advertisement and hype-getters. Look what it did for MSN Messenger 6.0! It is a great product, but those "leaks" took it higher than any ad ever could. Same for Longhorn!

To tell you the truth, I just installed it on Virtual PC, and it sucks a** at the moment (really buggy with all that I want to do...)...You have a 14 day expiration, meaning you have 14 days to activate it, or you have to reinstall it (Unless you bypass it like yours truly did :):D )! :D You guys aren't missing much...Its just Windows with a bit of a twist right now...Nothing special! :rolleyes:

To tell you the truth, I just installed it on Virtual PC, and it sucks a** at the moment (really buggy with all that I want to do...)...You have a 14 day expiration, meaning you have 14 days to activate it, or you have to reinstall it (Unless you bypass it like yours truly did ! You guys aren't missing much...Its just Windows with a bit of a twist right now...Nothing special!

U BYPASSED IT HOW DO U HAVE LONGHORN 4015 CAN U PLEASE TELL ME HOW?!?!?!?!?! :D :/ cuz i have longhorn 4015 yea its pretty crummy but nice theme :) but u can tweak it and it runs faster :rolleyes: but still crummy takes a while 2 load up internet explorer and looking throw a folder with allot of files is realllllllllllllllly slow yikes

P.S for every1 else whats the point of having a OS that takes up all ur resources if u like the theme just search for longhorn on themexp.org and download it on ur win xp

To tell you the truth, I just installed it on Virtual PC, and it sucks a** at the moment (really buggy with all that I want to do...)...You have a 14 day expiration, meaning you have 14 days to activate it, or you have to reinstall it (Unless you bypass it like yours truly did ! You guys aren't missing much...Its just Windows with a bit of a twist right now...Nothing special!

U BYPASSED IT HOW DO U HAVE LONGHORN 4015 CAN U PLEASE TELL ME HOW?!?!?!?!?! :D :/ cuz i have longhorn 4015 yea its pretty crummy but nice theme :) but u can tweak it and it runs faster :rolleyes: but still crummy takes a while 2 load up internet explorer and looking throw a folder with allot of files is realllllllllllllllly slow yikes

P.S for every1 else whats the point of having a OS that takes up all ur resources if u like the theme just search for longhorn on themexp.org and download it on ur win xp

Why are you asking me how I got build 4015 if you have it? Maybe you have 4008 or 3683... :D

I don't know much about longhorn but far in 1995 when i was a teenager i had the occasion to use an ONYX station from Silicon Graphics and i remember that the file manager allowed zooming and other tricks.

If the OS would be really running in 3D and offer more graphic customization would be fine.