Setting Up A Network Printer

Vinnie

Hello. I'm trying to set up a Network Printer Between 2 Computers to test something. I've come to the stage of setting up a shared printer. But I don't k now where to get the Windows 98, ME Etc drivers.

screenshtdk0.png

Anyway I'm at the stage as above. I've found that it's not the Lexmarks drivers (Is it?) & I can't find the additional drivers on my Windows XP disc. So where abouts are the additional drivers for Windows 95, 98 & ME?

Again sorry as I'm not used to Networking under Windows.

Thanks

You would need these only if your oher pc is running win98/me. These should be on the Lexmark CD itself. If the other pc is XP you don't need to install the 98 drivers.

My experience of Lexmark drivers is not very good. They are quite flaky & don't always work properly, especially if it is a usb attached printer. This holds true for even the ones that are available on their own site.

Edited by pmshah

I sorted it myself now.. I had to install the drivers seperatly on the other Win98 Machine. You are right about the Lexmark drivers being flaky.

Thanks for helping me. I Am not used to Networking under Windows. I thought Windows networking was supposed to be easier than Linux but oh well.