Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

nLite 1.0.1 won't integrate RyanVM 2.1.0

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

JonF

JonF
  • 5 posts
I've often used previous versions of nLIte to integrate RyanVM update packs, but the combo of 1.0.1 and RyanVM 2.1.0 doesn't work. When I select "Hotfixes and Upgrade packs" and select RVMUpdatePack2.1.0.7z, I get:

Posted Image

The help indicates that RyanVM is supported ...

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

boooggy

boooggy

MSFN Master

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,334 posts
no problems here
re download ryans pack cause it seems that there were problems downloading and u might got an uncomplete one....
then after the download verify the size and md5 hash.....

DevHead

DevHead

• 11 posts
I got the same error.

boooggy

boooggy

MSFN Master

• 2,334 posts

I got the same error.

did u check the size and md5 hash?

svenby

svenby

• 46 posts
I got the same error.

bledd

bledd

msfn is a friend of mine!

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 1,733 posts

I got the same error.

I got the same error.

did u check the size and md5 hash?

boooggy

boooggy

MSFN Master

• 2,334 posts
can u people read first before posting?

Jeremy

Jeremy

Casual Poster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,473 posts
Worked fine for me.

puravida

puravida
  • 5 posts

can u people read first before posting?

I can read just fine, and it doesn't work for me either. The filesizes and hashes are as posted on Ryans page. nlite 1.01 will recognize and put in the list only the Ryan addon pack. I can click on the Update Pack, or MP10 addon, and it will return me to Hotfix/Update pack page without error, and without listing the files in the list. Seems to me too many people are having this problem, and that the problem does not lie between the keyboard and the chair. Thanks for reading.

Puravida

bledd

bledd

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 1,733 posts
you need Service Pack 2 slipstreamed first..

puravida

puravida
  • 5 posts

you need Service Pack 2 slipstreamed first..

My source is a service pack 2 source directly integrated by Mickeysoft. I can add update packs by others, just not the Ryan one.

bottled leaf

bottled leaf

Junior

• Pip
  • 65 posts
Ryans 2.1.0 worked fine for me
Unuseful stuff
Microsoft, Microsoft, Microsoft, Microsoft
Thanks TD for the inspiration for the sig

Athlon 64 3700 | 6800GT | Raptor X (see thru) | 2x512MB | X-Fi Fatal1ty

puravida

puravida
  • 5 posts

Ryans 2.1.0 worked fine for me

It is now working fine for me too. Looks like the source was copied bad, and nLite thought it was of a different language.

kotetsurain

kotetsurain
  • 3 posts
Works for me ^^;

mmortal03

mmortal03

• 34 posts
Is anyone having problems getting it to install after it integrates it? I am running into this, and I cannot pinpoint the problem. Basically, Windows will only successfully go into Safe Mode after install, and won't even go into Networked Safe Mode.

Keeperos

Keeperos

Junior

• Pip
  • 61 posts
Worked ok for me.

Guys, in the end if you still have troubles integrating SP2 or the hotfixes there always is the manual way (quite masochistic for the countless HOTFIXES to go one at a time but for these you can use the Ryans' integrator instead), meaning Run / CMD:

WindowsXP-KB835935-SP2-ENU.exe /integrate:X:\(WinXPSetupFiles)

(Where "X" the drive and "(WinXPSetupFiles)" the directory where you keep the setup files).

The example above is for SP2, however ALL hotfixes that have the WindowsXP-KBxxxxxx.exe name format can be integrated in the same way, actually all nLite does (I would guess!) is automatically run these commands (or the extract switch and update.exe).

Personally I keep an SP2-integrated backup and make my builds from there.
(Yes, I am too lazy (at least at the moment) to actually manually integrate all hotfixes one at a time!!!)
The way I see it, the more up-to-date (as regards to the defaults) the original files are, the less work for me to further personalize them to my tastes/needs.

-

Is anyone having problems getting it to install after it integrates it? I am running into this, and I cannot pinpoint the problem. Basically, Windows will only successfully go into Safe Mode after install, and won't even go into Networked Safe Mode.

Delete the setup files completely (but keep the Last Session.ini and Last Session_u.ini !!!), copy them again from the CD, FIRST integrate SP2 (preferably manually as I described above) and then use nLite to integrate the pack BEFORE any other add-on.

CheerS!

Edited by Keeperos, 20 July 2006 - 10:20 PM.

mmortal03

mmortal03

• 34 posts

Delete the setup files completely (but keep the Last Session.ini and Last Session_u.ini !!!), copy them again from the CD, FIRST integrate SP2 (preferably manually as I described above) and then use nLite to integrate the pack BEFORE any other add-on.

Yep, that is what I do every time.

I just left work, and at the end of the night, I had tried 1.0.1 with the same settings files from before that worked with 1.0, except that I am now also removing Bluetooth, OOBE, Secondary Logon, Modem Support, and am choosing to have a Black setup screen. Do any of those ring a bell for not being able to boot into Windows? It almost sounds like an nLite 1.0.1 bug, but I will check tomorrow by using the same EXACT settings that I used before when it worked. (that would also rule out RyanVM)

FYI, tonight these are some of the ways that I tried it: I have tried both RyanVM 2.1.0 and I also went back to 2.0.7a. I tried 2.1.0 while leaving OOBE on and Secondary Logon off, and while leaving Secondary Logon on and having OOBE off. Neither worked. I didn't try Secondary Logon AND OOBE both back on, because I assumed that they are unrelated, and I am going to try the last settings that did work previously tommorrow which left both in, anyway.

In the end, both 2.1.0 and 2.0.7a did the same thing, they would loop at the icon, and then would ask to go into Safe Mode. However, with 2.1.0, it wouldn't go into Networked Safe Mode, but 2.07a WOULD.

If that isn't the craziest stuff... Please help if you've got any ideas!

Edited by mmortal03, 20 July 2006 - 11:20 PM.

Keeperos

Keeperos

Junior

• Pip
  • 61 posts
One reason COULD be (although somewhat unlikely) that there is some sort of incompatibility between the ini files of versions 1.0 and 1.0.1.

If it isn't too much trouble I guess you could recreate the settings (or the things you kept out) without loading the last settings.
That way you can be sure that it isn't sth that nLite does because of reading the ini files wrongly or sth.

It could even be that 1.0.1 has found that removing a certain component would break windows (a new one) and it somewhat misbehaves if you take it out or sth.

Tell us how it goes.

Cu

Suren

Suren

Best in the world

• Pip
  • 62 posts
Hello,

When i try to add RVM Pack & IE7 B3 to my XPSP2
Nlite takes very long time to do it, why ?

i'm using the Lastest versions of all 3

Edited by Suren, 21 July 2006 - 08:06 AM.

bledd

bledd

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 1,733 posts
do you have AV running?

try disabling it and doing it again :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN