nLite 1.0.1 won't integrate RyanVM 2.1.0

JonF

Worked ok for me.

Guys, in the end if you still have troubles integrating SP2 or the hotfixes there always is the manual way (quite masochistic for the countless HOTFIXES to go one at a time but for these you can use the Ryans' integrator instead), meaning Run / CMD:

WindowsXP-KB835935-SP2-ENU.exe /integrate:X:\(WinXPSetupFiles)

(Where "X" the drive and "(WinXPSetupFiles)" the directory where you keep the setup files).

The example above is for SP2, however ALL hotfixes that have the WindowsXP-KBxxxxxx.exe name format can be integrated in the same way, actually all nLite does (I would guess!) is automatically run these commands (or the extract switch and update.exe).

Personally I keep an SP2-integrated backup and make my builds from there.

(Yes, I am too lazy (at least at the moment) to actually manually integrate all hotfixes one at a time!!!)

The way I see it, the more up-to-date (as regards to the defaults) the original files are, the less work for me to further personalize them to my tastes/needs.

-

Is anyone having problems getting it to install after it integrates it? I am running into this, and I cannot pinpoint the problem. Basically, Windows will only successfully go into Safe Mode after install, and won't even go into Networked Safe Mode.

Delete the setup files completely (but keep the Last Session.ini and Last Session_u.ini !!!), copy them again from the CD, FIRST integrate SP2 (preferably manually as I described above) and then use nLite to integrate the pack BEFORE any other add-on.

CheerS!

Edited by Keeperos

Delete the setup files completely (but keep the Last Session.ini and Last Session_u.ini !!!), copy them again from the CD, FIRST integrate SP2 (preferably manually as I described above) and then use nLite to integrate the pack BEFORE any other add-on.

Yep, that is what I do every time.

I just left work, and at the end of the night, I had tried 1.0.1 with the same settings files from before that worked with 1.0, except that I am now also removing Bluetooth, OOBE, Secondary Logon, Modem Support, and am choosing to have a Black setup screen. Do any of those ring a bell for not being able to boot into Windows? It almost sounds like an nLite 1.0.1 bug, but I will check tomorrow by using the same EXACT settings that I used before when it worked. (that would also rule out RyanVM)

FYI, tonight these are some of the ways that I tried it: I have tried both RyanVM 2.1.0 and I also went back to 2.0.7a. I tried 2.1.0 while leaving OOBE on and Secondary Logon off, and while leaving Secondary Logon on and having OOBE off. Neither worked. I didn't try Secondary Logon AND OOBE both back on, because I assumed that they are unrelated, and I am going to try the last settings that did work previously tommorrow which left both in, anyway.

In the end, both 2.1.0 and 2.0.7a did the same thing, they would loop at the icon, and then would ask to go into Safe Mode. However, with 2.1.0, it wouldn't go into Networked Safe Mode, but 2.07a WOULD.

If that isn't the craziest stuff... Please help if you've got any ideas!

Edited by mmortal03

One reason COULD be (although somewhat unlikely) that there is some sort of incompatibility between the ini files of versions 1.0 and 1.0.1.

If it isn't too much trouble I guess you could recreate the settings (or the things you kept out) without loading the last settings.

That way you can be sure that it isn't sth that nLite does because of reading the ini files wrongly or sth.

It could even be that 1.0.1 has found that removing a certain component would break windows (a new one) and it somewhat misbehaves if you take it out or sth.

Tell us how it goes.

Cu

Hello,

When i try to add RVM Pack & IE7 B3 to my XPSP2

Nlite takes very long time to do it, why ?

i'm using the Lastest versions of all 3

Edited by Suren