Some info about Longhorn

darkkavenger

Longhorn is the next generation OS...Its supposed to be called WindowsMAX...It will be very different than Windows XP and already is...It won't change your life! :rolleyes: I think the testing starts in October, but you can look around and find an Alpha version! :):D

Thanks for these informations. For now it seems just like a lightly tuned-up windows xp with a vertical bar on the side, like it can be found on UNIX systems.

I hope they're not going to release just a new skinned version of XP... I'd like finally that they start to make better user interfaces, something that would finally introduce 3D.

I know that 3D interface is not *that* useful, and induces more CPU time consumption, but heh we're no more on windows 3.1 times :)

• 3 weeks later...

Is everyone going to be sorry...........Longhorn is going to change EVERYONE'S lives. Spyware up the wazoo.........New File association........... Backward compatibility is HISTORY........You will have to purchase NEW($$$$$$) software even the reliable Microsoft software from the past. Big Brother will be watching every step you take on your PC and the internet. New Computers will have the newest Pentium Chip that is spyware embedded. No files from older computers will work on Longhorn. Your documents can't be read on the file format. No more FAT 16/32/NT. Many will be stranded. THe upgrade will cost you not only $$$ but so will for ALL the new software for other aaapps (Quicken/Symantic/Roxio/etc.) :) Get ready to dish out A LOT OF $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Do your research- I know XP is already spyware and everything I posted has been validated. Thats why for now Im going no further in Windows than Me. And after that I'm switching to Linux( I trust the Penguin). I absolutely loathe some company looking over my shoulder.

I believe Longhorn will be the death-nell of Microsoft.

Once the word gets out- NO Consumer will go for it!!!!!!

:)

Oh- and by the way- check out the article for you AMD chaps HERE

And while I'm on a role- find out what Longhorn and palladium mean together-http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,3973...3,264904,00.asp]HERE

Is everyone going to be sorry...........Longhorn is going to change EVERYONE'S lives. Spyware up the wazoo.........New File association........... Backward compatibility is HISTORY........You will have to purchase NEW($$$$$$) software even the reliable Microsoft software from the past. Big Brother will be watching every step you take on your PC and the internet. New Computers will have the newest Pentium Chip that is spyware embedded. No files from older computers will work on Longhorn. Your documents can't be read on the file format. No more FAT 16/32/NT. Many will be stranded. THe upgrade will cost you not only $$$ but so will for ALL the new software for other aaapps (Quicken/Symantic/Roxio/etc.) :) Get ready to dish out A LOT OF $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

I totally agree... :rolleyes:

what the hell are u smokin! i want some !!

u cant put spyware in a **** cpu lol ...if ur talkin bout Le Grande technology ..its suppose to prevent Boot virus and stuff not SPY on u... and u give Windows ME so much credit ... well if i remember ...ME would blue screen if u LOOKED at it wrong ...so thats such a unreliable comment to fall back on lol.

Second LH wont have a new file system its still NTFS... WinFS is a SQL Server Indexing service that will be implimented to help NTFS run faster... Longhorn isnt gonna change anything...its gonna make it better.

what the hell are u smokin! i want some !!

u cant put spyware in a **** cpu lol ...if ur talkin bout Le Grande technology ..its suppose to prevent Boot virus and stuff not SPY on u... and u give Windows ME so much credit ... well if i remember ...ME would blue screen if u LOOKED at it wrong ...so thats such a unreliable comment to fall back on lol.

Second LH wont have a new file system its still NTFS... WinFS is a SQL Server Indexing service that will be implimented to help NTFS run faster... Longhorn isnt gonna change anything...its gonna make it better.

i remember Windows ME i touch the keyborad and it said Windows File System Fault

:)

It was very funny