Integrating intel SATA drivers

devfive

I have a HP compaq nw9440 laptop that I wish to reinstall. To do this i apparently need to use some intel SATA drivers since xp sp2 is unable to detect the harddrive.

I downloaded the drivers, witch i extracted to a .ima file then to individual files:

IAAHCI.CAT

IAAHCI.INF

IASTOR.CAT

IASTOR.INF

IASTOR.SYS

LICENSE.TXT

README.TXT

TXTSETUP.OEM

I then proceded to integrate them into a xp sp2 build i know works, burned a cd and started setup. During the first part of the setup i got the following error message:

the file ftdisk.sys could not be found

Press any key to restart

When i integrated the driver with nlite i chose the iaahci.inf file and selected all the drivers available.

The driver is (from www.hp.com):

Intel SATA AHCI Controller Driver » 5.5.0.1035 A

16 Mar 06

Anyone have any idea what im doing wrong?

integrating them using RC8 worked for me (not the same laptop and drivers but basicly the same idea for my dv200t). then with v1.0 using the exact same procedure it showed the BSOD after installation. They said it was a bug and already fixed in the 1.0.1 release. haven't tried it out yet.

well basicly what I did was download the drivers straight from intel. Make sure that the intel matrix drivers are exactly for your chipset.

i never encountered this:

I downloaded the drivers, witch i extracted to a .ima file then to individual files:

IAAHCI.CAT

IAAHCI.INF

IASTOR.CAT

IASTOR.INF

IASTOR.SYS

LICENSE.TXT

README.TXT

TXTSETUP.OEM

i simply extracted the installation file. went to drivers... there was 2 folders: driver and driver64 (obviously the Driver one for the 32bit windows). inside these folders were the files needed to be inside the floppy (on manual sata installation). in the drivers integration i went and add a "folder" not a "file"... and then select the "Driver" folder (mentioned previously) and it will ask you to confirm. click yes or something. and then it will show list of all the different drivers that the folder had inside it... to be safe i selected all the MOBILE drivers (you'd can easily deffrenciate the mobile drivers since they have a "m" somewhere in their name from their desktop counterparts). click while holding ctrl to select more than one. then click ok. thats it. Oh and make sure "OEM install" is checked somewhere later in nlite. (its checked by default)

sample screenshot whtn integrating for my laptop: (ignore the folder address since i copy pasted the Driver folder in the root of one of my partitions)

untitled29xq.gif

as previously mentioned: tested with rc8, didn't work with v1 but hopefully will work in v1.0.1. good luck.

Edited by chickenfeed

I have a mobile intel 945PM express chipset. Could you provide the link to the drivers you think i should use? I have looked on intels site and the drivers i find there do not extract to a win and win64 directories.

goto:

http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df...on〈=eng

and download the english version.

after you download the executable file. extract it into a folder (i use 7zip so its right click > extract files) then open the folder created, open winall and then theres "driver" and "driver64" correct my mistake its not win and win64. anyways this is the folder you select in nlite for multiple drivers inside a folder (win for your typical 32bit windows xp and win64 for 64bit version)

added: to be totally safe in nlite, only select to modify two parts; the integration of drivers and the burning of iso option.

Edited by chickenfeed

Actually i got it working using a slighty diffrent driver version (6.0.0.1022) downloaded from here :

http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df...ms〈=eng

Extracted the file using winrar witch produced a .ima file, then extracted the files from this using undisker (search on google and you shall find). The files i got from this i then integrated in the same way you described above and it worked! Seems like the version i used from HP's site was corrupt in some way, they where v5.5.somthing. Anyway working like a charm now, thanx for your help.

yup theres a 6.0 version. funny thing is that if you select windows xp home as your operating system; 5.7 is the latest offering by intel out of the results. but if you select pro; you get the 6.0 also. I have home on mine and didn't want to risk it. Hmm... maybe i'll reinstall again.............. later.......... you used v1.0.1 right?

Edited by chickenfeed

I have a HP dv8000t notebook which also has the intel 945pm express chipset and i'm having slightly different problems. I integrated the intel SATA drivers with nlite 1.01 and there is one issue. I can format the partitiion i choose but when windows begins to copy files, at about 52% it gives me a message that iastor.sys cannot be copied from the cd. I can ignore or try to re-read. If i ignore, the rest of the driver files for the SATA cannot be copied from the cd. Any clues?