addon shortcuts all of a sudden not working...

fortwunty

I've been using the same base .ini in nLite for quite a while and all of my addons would get added correctly and all start menu shortcuts would be working fine. Now that I have upgraded to v1.0.1 (to support the latest .7z update pack -- still using CAB addons), it never works.

Every time I try it under VMware, when it gets into windows my Start Menu is nice and bare (how it starts out)... none of my shortcuts are added in there. There should be 6 shortcuts in there, but it's not working. This is the only problem I am currently having.

Is there some reason why the [addshortcutsection] I have for the addons' inf files wouldn't be processed? They're all added to SYSOC.INF (and they're all makecab'd -> addon.in_/addon.cab). All required entries for the addons are present in DOSNET.INF and TXTSETUP.SIF as well. I never had troubles until after upgrading to the latest nLite. I'll try integrating the Update Pack + Addons using RVMI 1.4 and see if that solves anything. But then I miss out on all of the tweaks/patches/removal :realmad:

I tried about 6 different times yesterday to see if it was just something I was forgetting, but it failed to work any time I tried it. The addons themselves are being installed, but the ProfileItems = addon.AddShortcut and [addon.AddShortcut] section just don't seem to want to do anything :huh:

Anybody have any clues?

Edited by fortwunty

Just tried both methods and addons are completely failing to install. Also it seems as though one of my commands being called from RunOnceEx isn't running either -- it's supposed to create some folders for me. %USERPROFILE% and %USERNAME% aren't being processed for some reason. p***ing me right off.

Edited by fortwunty