• Announcements

• xper

MSFN Sponsorship and AdBlockers!   07/10/2016

Dear members, MSFN is made available via subscriptions, donations and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, become a site sponsor and ads will be disabled automatically and by subscribing you get other sponsor benefits.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rjdohnert

End of Windows 2000

9 posts in this topic

With the end of Mainstream support, and obviously the end of USP 5 maybe its time to move on to either Linux or a newer Windows version.

Uh, why?

M$ still releasing hotfixes. There are other ways to integrate hotfixes into Win2k SP4.

Just look at my sig :thumbup

With the end of Mainstream support, and obviously the end of USP 5 maybe its time to move on to either Linux or a newer Windows version.

Security updates continues until 2010. This is the beginning rather than the end - W2K (with an USP) is definately the most stable Windows I have ever worked with, including XP SP2.

G B)

"The end of USP 5?" - I've been in hospital - gimme a break :D

btw - who the .......#$!@# says its the end of USP 5....?

:rolleyes:

/G B)

i know he said it -- but id ceriously KICK your *a*** if you'd have abandoned on us before you even told someone how you did it ....

Ok /G, sorry about the insinuation. just no one has seen hide nor hair of you for awhile and Dirtwarrior said something about you being ill so no one knew. Good to have you back though.

uh guys, I have checked this MS support page and Extended Support for Win2000 Pro Edition will end

on July 13, 2010:

http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle/?p1=3071

same thing for all Server editions of Windows 2000.

so the EOL date mentioned in the MS Win2k rollup FAQ is no longer accurate.

Edited by erpdude8