Outlook

R600

Sorry, not sure when to post this thread.

Some of you may have read articles regarding Microsoft killing Outlook Express. What I wanted to ask is whether Outlook (found in the Office suite) is capable of loading Hotmail accounts because many versions of Outlook prior to XP did not allow this. I have only tested this on Outlook 2000, and couldn't load my Hotmail account on it. Any idea how I can get it to work?

I understand that they are further developing the Office suite, but after so many versions released, I still havent been able to add a Hotmail account to Outlook.

As for MSN Explorer, why on earth do we need to register/subscribe to '.net passport' in order to use it?

I figured out what it is. Outlook Express includes in its Account properties the ability to deal with IMAP, POP, or HTTP servers. HTTP being not really a standard, but more like a workaround to enable Hotmail on desktops, it is not included in other products using standard technologies.

I have no idea whether a "hack" of this is possible.

Regards,

./. Max

Oh I see. Well that's just bs to be honest. :)

Hope they add that to the forthcoming Outlook Software! People won't be happy with MS if they can't add their Hotmail accounts if they use the normal versions.

I'm sure that you have a Hotmail account, or may have come across one in the past. The thing is, all mailboxes have a limit on storage, agree?

What a lot of people don't realise, especially those who only use the web to check their email, is that storing email messages in Outlook gives them a 'virtually unlimited' storage space.

Those who only use the web to check Hotmail are losing out because they have to delete emails when their inbox becomes full.

Yes, i see your point. I've effectively had an hotmail account that i no longer use because of inconvenients of webmail. all that counts is that i can access my normal pop mail by webmail interface, or my desktop @work with Remote Desktop or Terminal Services :)