Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Ipod taking a long time for windows to recognize it

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

morocco31477

morocco31477

• PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Joined 20-January 05
I have a black 60GB Ipod. When I plug it in via USB, it will freeze my computer up for like three minutes before it shows up in My Computer as a drive. Anyone have any idea why it takes so long? I don't remember my Ipod Nano taking that long.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

fillalph

fillalph

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Joined 29-July 03
I would suggest posting a question like this in a forum dedicated to the iPod, perhaps http://www.ilounge.com.

]Bonkers[
Antec Solo ; Corsair HX520 ; Gigabyte P35-DS3R (bios F4) ; Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 @ 2.33GHz w/ ThermalRight Ultra 120 (fanless) ; OCZ Platinum XTC REV.2 PC2-6400 2GB @ 4-4-4-15 ; Western Digital SE16 320GB ; Maxtor DiamondMax 10 250GB ; XFX 7600GS ; Pioneer DVR-212D ; Win XP Pro SP2 (reduced with nLite) ; Dell 2007WFP (withS-IPS panel)

OldSchool

OldSchool
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 13-August 06

I have a black 60GB Ipod. When I plug it in via USB, it will freeze my computer up for like three minutes before it shows up in My Computer as a drive. Anyone have any idea why it takes so long? I don't remember my Ipod Nano taking that long.

Hello,
I had the same issue.... I would wait until all the icons in the taskbar on the lower right have loaded and the computer has fully started. Then plug the IPOD in. Let me know if that works.
"Every time you make a choice you are turning the central part of you into something different than it was beforeā€¦each of us at that moment is progressing to one state or another."
-C.S. Lewis

tal ormanda

tal ormanda

RuneScape Master

• PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts
  • Joined 31-July 05
1.0 usb?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users