Silently install dotnetfx2.0 & dotnet 1.1?

HI, I am study eBooK MSFN_Unnattend and i have ask how to make to silently install Microsoft Framework 2.0 and 1.1? To folow way updating setup source with latest hotfix?? Realy need help :huh:

On this forum i am found for dotnetfx1.1.

DotNet Framework 1.1

Install Switch: /q /c:"install /q"

Extraction: None

Notes:

Registry:

Edited by ThinkLinux

I used this For dot Net Framework 1.1

@ECHO OFF
ECHO ( 1 von 4 ) Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 is installing..
Start /Wait dotnetfx.exe /Q /C:"install.exe /Q"
ECHO ( 2 von 4 ) .Net Framework SP1 is installing..
Start /Wait dotnetsp1.exe /Q
ECHO ( 3 von 4 ) Update KB886903 is installing..
Start /Wait KB886903.exe /Q
ECHO ( 4 von 4 ) German Language pack is installing..
Start /Wait langpack.exe /Q /C:"inst.exe /Q"
ECHO Installtion erfolgreich Abgeschlossen.
EXIT

for dot net 2.0 the same switches are used

Start /Wait dotnetfx20.exe /Q /C:"install.exe /Q"

it works well

Hmm, the original files from MSoft for .NET 1.0 and 1.1 self extract into two files. Each version

for .NET then is netfx.msi and netfx1.cab (two files) so I'd think the switches are different and one

must have the 'cab' files around to make it work.

I used this For dot Net Framework 1.1

@ECHO OFF
ECHO ( 1 von 4 ) Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 is installing..
Start /Wait dotnetfx.exe /Q /C:"install.exe /Q"
ECHO ( 2 von 4 ) .Net Framework SP1 is installing..
Start /Wait dotnetsp1.exe /Q
ECHO ( 3 von 4 ) Update KB886903 is installing..
Start /Wait KB886903.exe /Q
ECHO ( 4 von 4 ) German Language pack is installing..
Start /Wait langpack.exe /Q /C:"inst.exe /Q"
ECHO Installtion erfolgreich Abgeschlossen.
EXIT

for dot net 2.0 the same switches are used

Start /Wait dotnetfx20.exe /Q /C:"install.exe /Q"

it works well

As for .NET v2.0, the file from MSoft is "dotnetfx.exe" and would work the way you said. If you extract

this file, then you get alot of 'eula' and 'res' files plus a few others along withe the netfx.msi, although

the 'cab' file is embedded and compressed within the 'msi' file. Trying to stick these other files into the

msi package like the way the cab file was done.

If one runs the "msi installer validation suite" that comes with ORCA, you'll see that each of the netfx.msi

files for all the various .NET versions have about 5-6 errors each with alot of warnings (mostly

string overflow errors). How, these .NET packages install without error is beyond me! :wacko:

I'm trying to update each of the msi files with the corresponding ".msp" patch file that MSoft provides.

They patch the msi ok, but the errors still exist and of course now, the .NET framework versions

won't install now...... :blink:

Now trying to figure out how to repair them.

The other way is through the AIP (Administration install point) with the patches. Everything installs,

but if one has to reinstall or do a repair of the .NET packages, the directories used are where the

AIP is at, and not the default directories that came with the .NET software. Thus, I have to keep the

AIP files around to do reinstalls and repairs. I'd like to get rid of it. Thus, I'm looking into how to

fix the original 'msi' files and how to put all files and patches in only one file (the msi file) for each .NET version.

I can create a patched 'msi' file with ORCA, but the same problems mentioned above about the original

errors occurs, plus new ones due to the patches occur. To get ORCA to create the 'msi' file, one has to trick

ORCA into doing this. :sneaky:

For windows Media Player 10? I am test my xp instalation with virtual pc and got error /? when instalation is traying to install media player 10!?Media Player 10 and hotfixes+framework 1.1+2 is located in the svcpack folder. Ist correct to put media player 10 and framework 1.1 and 2.0 in the svcpack or to make batch script and put to the $OEM$ folder....

• 5 weeks later...

I've created a .Net Framework installer that can be used as a normal installer to install .Net Framework 1.1 + SP1 + the hotfix & .Net Framework 2.0 + the hotfix on a pc that doesn't have .Net yet, or silently during unAttended setup or even at T13.

For now I've only created the Dutch version but if there is animo for an English version I'll post that one too.

One-Click install:

dotnetframeworkinstallerul1.png

it's in Dutch, just asking user if he/she wants to continue installation of .Net 1.1/2.0.

Using the -? or -h switch you'll get to see the options.

dotnetframeworkinstallerhelpqj1.png

Giving info about the switches for different methods of silent install (with/without progressbar, with/without extraction progressbar, T13 install).

Just let me know if people like this and I'll post the English version as well. I could create a batchfile if people want to create other languages as well.

Edited by ZileXa

• 2 weeks later...