Multiboot Discs

njay

I just used this program at the weekend, it is an amazing utility. The ability to add the $OEM directory and the winnt.sif is great.

I have 2 installs, XP home and XP Pro, if when I build the distribution, if I use the same directory am I correct in saying when I create the ISO I will get a boot disc that will offer XP Home & XP Pro and would probably fit on a single CD? (They currently do)

Before using powerpacker if I added/updated a program I had to do it in 2 places now it is only in 1.

Thanks

Niall

Thanks for the feedback! :D I am glad you enjoy it.

The next Beta of powerpacker is gonna have advanced options that will allow you to use multiple winnt.sif files (Unattened Settings Files) for each pack you create. :) This will be great for those of you that install multiple systems and need different settings for certain computers.

I am almost finished with RC8 Beta5 and expect to have a new release out sometime this week. :D

Thanks for the info. I will wait for the next release which looks like it will do what I want. I am off on holiday so I look forward to trying it when I get back.

Thanks

Njay

• 3 weeks later...

I have just had a look at the new version, I am not sure if it allows me to create a single disc which contains an XP Home and XP Profesional installs each using different winnt.sif files. Am I right in saying that the current version allows me to use different winnt.sif files for only XP Home.

Niall

Yes it does. Take a look at the advanced tab.

A new option is there called "Create Extra Boot Folder(s)"

The boot folder name can be a new boot folder or it can use an existing one. If it is a new one then powerpacker will copy all of the boot files from the pack you are using and create a new boot folder with the new winnt.sif you specify. If it is an existing folder then powerpacker will add the new winnt.sif file and add it to the boot menu.

The Boot entry is what you want to add to your boot menu entry for this pack. (PowerPacker auto recognises the OS type for you now.)

BOOT winnt.sif file is the new winnt.sif you want to add to this pack. ;)

• 2 years later...

CAn some one Provide complete steep by step procedure for doing multi boot

i used http://flyakite.msfn.org/ Instructions with windows XP sp3 but it gave me phase 1 errror which is internal data structure problem.....

wel I don't know much about that problem

and when i used powerpacker i got confused but some how managed out to use it but still far away from what i wanted to get

CAN please some one help me out

provide step by step tutorial / instructions and what step do what....

• 1 year later...

I'm trying to use PowerPacker to pack XP Pro SP3 and XP MCE 2005. However, it only gives me the check version/check edition message. That's as far as I can get. My OS is Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, if that helps. Any help with this would be appreciated. Thanks.