How to use the switches?

XrisCarter

Hello I finished slipstreaming my windows with the help form a manual that I found for download on this site. I can not find out how to set up the program to install other programs. I would like to install things like dotnet, java, vlc, and codex. I can not find anything that tells me how to do this and what I need to do to with the switchs.

any help would be great thanks

The ua guide in my sig says everything.

Switches tell a program what to do.

e.g. put spyware doctor setup as sdsetup in C:\

press start>run>C:\sdsetup.exe /SILENT>OK and it will install silently w/out any user intervention.

Hello I finished slipstreaming my windows with the help form a manual that I found for download on this site. I can not find out how to set up the program to install other programs. I would like to install things like dotnet, java, vlc, and codex. I can not find anything that tells me how to do this and what I need to do to with the switchs.

any help would be great thanks

Hello and welcome aboard! :hello:

Here is a good place to start. http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/

If you are looking for a way to silently install any application, just search this forum. I'm pretty sure that we have the solution for most of the softwares here. If you can't find the solution for a particular software, feel free to ask. ;)

I can not find anything that tells me how to do this and what I need to do to with the switchs.

What are switches? Switches are command line parameters that can be passed on to an executable (e.g. installers) do perform a specific action. Switches control how the executable will behave during runtime. For example, you want to install VLC player silently. You can do that by using the /S switch. So you command will look similar to this:

START /W vlc-0.8.5-win32.exe /S

The vlc-0.8.5-win32.exe is the executable name, and after that is the switch /S. The switch controls the behavior of the executable. It makes the executable run silently (invisible, and without requiring you to click any button).

I hope this helps a bit. :)