Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Ever have your wisdom teeth out?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
46 replies to this topic

Poll: Well, Have you? (63 member(s) have cast votes)

have you had your wisdom teeth out?

1. yes (37 votes [58.73%])

Percentage of vote: 58.73%

2. no (20 votes [31.75%])

Percentage of vote: 31.75%

3. going to soon (6 votes [9.52%])

Percentage of vote: 9.52%

Vote Guests cannot vote

prx984

prx984

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts
  • Joined 22-March 06
lets hear it guys, i just got mine out today :lol:

my lip feels weird, after being frozen it feels like it fell asleep lol.

edit: dang i misspelled yes :blushing:

Edited by Zxian, 30 December 2007 - 07:12 AM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Shindo_Hikaru

Shindo_Hikaru

Honor, Courage, Commitment

• PipPipPip
  • 428 posts
  • Joined 14-June 06
Not only that, you gums will bleed when you eat mash potatos, it hurts like mad. But in the long run you willbe better with it off. Took 4 shoots of numbing in each corner of my mouth to remove my wisdom teeth, and i still felt every single thing.
"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." - Christopher Reeve

"So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable." - Christopher Reeve

prx984

prx984

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts
  • Joined 22-March 06
the gas didnt do much for me, but the numbing worked perfectly :)

trickytwista

trickytwista

Nlite user n lovin' it

• PipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • Joined 06-February 05
voted no... im glad too as i bet it proper hurts lol :P

ricktendo

ricktendo

Group: Banned Members

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,256 posts
  • Joined 06-June 06
Nope!... Never had any problem with em either

@ Cygnus: Say AHHHHHHH! :w00t:
lol :D

DigeratiPrime

DigeratiPrime

MSFN Junkie

• Patrons
  • 3,283 posts
  • Joined 18-August 04
within the next month or two unforunately.
Recommended Software: KeePass | Microsoft ICE | VisualWget | Vitamin D Video |

prx984

prx984

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts
  • Joined 22-March 06
lol it aint that bad, the worst bit of pain i have (like any other open wound) is a bit of a sting in the holes left from the teeth. other than that, i feel perfectly fine right now. my jaw is a little swollen too, but its not bugging me much.

im just glad i didnt wait until later on, my dad's insurance covered it :lol: so i dont have to pay for it :D it woulda been $1500, but it was only 100 after insurance. :thumbup

Shindo_Hikaru

Shindo_Hikaru

• PipPipPip
  • 428 posts
  • Joined 14-June 06
I did not do the gas option, as it did nothing for me, i had to have the shots, that was the most effective.
"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." - Christopher Reeve

"So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable." - Christopher Reeve

EchoNoise

EchoNoise

Defender of the Penguin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts
  • Joined 10-April 05
two by four blow to the head should do the trick :)

heh... heh...
Posted Image

ricktendo

ricktendo

Group: Banned Members

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,256 posts
  • Joined 06-June 06
I have perfect teeth

Posted Image

EDIT: @ Shindo_Hikaru Google Images :P

Edited by ricktendo64, 02 August 2006 - 05:07 PM.

Shindo_Hikaru

Shindo_Hikaru

• PipPipPip
  • 428 posts
  • Joined 14-June 06
Nice smile pal,

prx984

prx984

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts
  • Joined 22-March 06

two by four blow to the head should do the trick :)

heh... heh...

:lol: thank god that didnt happen :P

I have perfect teeth

Posted Image

looks a guy that was on judge judy one time :lol:

Edited by Cygnus, 02 August 2006 - 05:58 PM.

tain

tain

Cyber Ops

• Super Moderator
  • 3,557 posts
  • Joined 24-September 05
I didn't get the gas either. If you have the option, GET THE GAS.

It is hard for your brain to comprehend why there is so much crunching noise inside your skull but no pain associated with it. My legs were twitching uncontrollably since my brain *knew that it should be hurting*.

Really I would rather not remember it at all. The crunching noises in my skull, the doc climbing around on my chest to get a better angle at the tooth, the other dental people hanging out in the doorway watching the procedure...it was just bad :no:

CoffeeFiend

CoffeeFiend

Coffee Aficionado

• Patrons
  • 4,973 posts
  • Joined 14-July 04
Gas? That must be a new thing. I've had mine removed years ago, back then hooked us to an IV.

The only thing I remember from the whole experience: dry sockets hurt.
Coffee: \ˈkȯ-fē, ˈkä-\. noun. Heaven in a cup. Life's only treasure. The meaning of life. Kaffee ist wunderbar. C8H10N4O2 FTW.

tain

tain

Cyber Ops

• Super Moderator
  • 3,557 posts
  • Joined 24-September 05
Gas and IV accomplish the same goal: general instead of local anesthesia.

prx984

prx984

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts
  • Joined 22-March 06
i got gas, and IV. they also hooked me upto a heart monitor lol. i also got frozen. my mouth finally fees normal again lol. i got to take my iPod in with me and listen to some music too. the doctor listened to iron maiden too :blink: :w00t:

the teeth came out fairly easily for me. i was there for about 20 minutes then i was out. i dont have any pain anymore WOO lol, hopefully soon i can eat some good food again. i have to eat pudding and oatmeal, not that its bad, its just gonna get very repetitive <_<

anywho.. i would get the gas for sure, it made me feel good too hehehe :lol:

Edited by Cygnus, 02 August 2006 - 06:33 PM.

luke.mccormick

luke.mccormick

• PipPip
  • 211 posts
  • Joined 16-February 06
20 minutes? o wow, i dunno if i'll have mine out, no one's said anything.

Shindo_Hikaru

Shindo_Hikaru

• PipPipPip
  • 428 posts
  • Joined 14-June 06
local anesthesia, like 4 shots to the upper right, 4 shots to the upper left, 4 shots to the lower right and 4 shots to the lower left. I still felt the prying of the tooth and everything. The doc was suprised that i could still feel it. No amount of anesthesia can make me fell no pain.

prx984

prx984

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts
  • Joined 22-March 06
im starting to have a lot of pain in my jaw now. it hurts to talk really, and the blood that keeps going in my mouth is really grosse now :lol: oh well.

its done, just gotta heal now.

Martin L

Martin L

我叫马丁

• Patrons
  • 1,556 posts
  • Joined 09-July 03
in a few month mine will be removed too.... gotta be nice hehe.

prx984

prx984

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts
  • Joined 22-March 06
heh, the best thing to do is get it done, then just put up with the pain afterwords. it doesn't hurt initially, just a coupla hours later when stuff starts to come back to life lol.

but i strongly advise you to get the gas and IV and freezing. it helps. plus the gas makes you feel kool lol ;)

oh, and if you can take music with you.

Shindo_Hikaru

Shindo_Hikaru

• PipPipPip
  • 428 posts
  • Joined 14-June 06
Sounds like babysitting to me, oh well, i do faintly recalling haveing mine done in the military.

CoffeeFiend

CoffeeFiend

Coffee Aficionado

• Patrons
  • 4,973 posts
  • Joined 14-July 04

i have to eat pudding and oatmeal, not that its bad, its just gonna get very repetitive <_<

Still FAR better than getting your tonsils taken out. Now, THAT sucked (can't eat anything, hurts much more). Had to stop taking pain killers soon after too even if it hurt, as I'd be awake for 5, be given more pain killers, and go right back to sleep. Sleeping 23 1/2 hours a day is a little too much.
Coffee: \ˈkȯ-fē, ˈkä-\. noun. Heaven in a cup. Life's only treasure. The meaning of life. Kaffee ist wunderbar. C8H10N4O2 FTW.

prx984

prx984

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts
  • Joined 22-March 06

i have to eat pudding and oatmeal, not that its bad, its just gonna get very repetitive <_<

Still FAR better than getting your tonsils taken out. Now, THAT sucked (can't eat anything, hurts much more). Had to stop taking pain killers soon after too even if it hurt, as I'd be awake for 5, be given more pain killers, and go right back to sleep. Sleeping 23 1/2 hours a day is a little too much.

iv had them out too, i couldnt do very much for a long time. i had strept throat over 10 times in one month, so the doctor said that i would have to get em out.

gamehead200

gamehead200

SEARCH!!! SEARCH!!!

• Patrons
  • 6,870 posts
  • Joined 02-September 02
Getting a few removed on the 16th! ;) Plus a bunch of molars that aren't growing properly... Oh well...