Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Ever have your wisdom teeth out?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Poll: Well, Have you? (63 member(s) have cast votes)

have you had your wisdom teeth out?

1. yes (37 votes [58.73%])

Percentage of vote: 58.73%

2. no (20 votes [31.75%])

Percentage of vote: 31.75%

3. going to soon (6 votes [9.52%])

Percentage of vote: 9.52%

Vote Guests cannot vote

prx984

prx984

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Joined 22-March 06

Getting a few removed on the 16th! ;) Plus a bunch of molars that aren't growing properly... Oh well...

ouch, try to get some kind of drug hehehe :lol:
its better to get it fixed when your younger though, that way the recovery time is much shorter and you dont have to pay for it when your parents can :P

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

ricktendo

ricktendo

Group: Banned Members

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,307 posts
  • Joined 06-June 06
Im curious, whats the purpose of having your wisdom teeth out?

Is it really neccesary?

Or is it as neccesary as getting circumsized? (its not rally neccesary) LMAO

And after you remove your wisdom teeth, are you less smart? :lol: (im just kidding around)

Edited by ricktendo64, 04 August 2006 - 07:25 PM.

gamehead200

gamehead200

SEARCH!!! SEARCH!!!

• Super Moderator
  • 7,039 posts
  • Joined 02-September 02

Is it really neccesary?

Or is it as neccesary as getting circumsized? (its not rally neccesary) LMAO

And after you remove your wisdom teeth, are you less smart? :lol: (im just kidding around)

In my case, I'm having my wisdom teeth and a few molars removed because they are not growing straight up. Rather, they are growing against other teeth, causing them to move and become crooked. This is a bad thing after having braces for two and a half years. :wacko:

prx984

prx984

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Joined 22-March 06

Is it really neccesary?

it really depends on the person. if the teeth are impacted, they can grow funny and cause a lot of problems. in my case, i had 3 impacted and one was growing properly, but it was pushing my teeth forward. i have only 1 crooked tooth. its not all that bad, and its on the bottom lol so you dont see it, plus 15 years or so with it, im just so used to having it.

my dad went until he was 36 before he had his wisdom teeth out, he drove home that night and ate pizza and went to work on sunday :lol: even after having the gas, he says it had no effect on him. it worked on me though, so that worked out quite nicely.

anyway.. im going to get a drink of something, need some water maybe :sneaky:

cya for now.

Sn4k36

Sn4k36

• 32 posts
  • Joined 19-July 05
i used gas.. An had all 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled out.. I couldn't feel a damm thing Since i was knocked out that bad.. Of course when i got home all i did was sleep for the rest of the day and night because of it...

prx984

prx984

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Joined 22-March 06

i used gas.. An had all 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled out.. I couldn't feel a damm thing Since i was knocked out that bad.. Of course when i got home all i did was sleep for the rest of the day and night because of it...

isn't sleeping great? :lol:

ripken204

ripken204

The Hardware Guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,311 posts
  • Joined 23-December 04
i just came back from the dentist. f*** 8:30 is too early for an appointment! well one of my wisdom teeth formed abnormally so that there is a little hole in it where plaque build up... not my fault tho :) the dentist is going to wait to see if my mouth has the space for my wisdom teeth, otherwise they need to fill the hole so it doesnt become bigger. but most likely i'll have enough space. but filling a cavity way back there is going to hurt alot too.

Desktop: || lappped Q6700 w/ lapped TRUE || ASUS P5Q Deluxe|| Sapphire 4870 1GB || Mushkin Ascent XP2-8500 (2x2GB) || 2 x WD6400AAKS || Corsair HX620W || Lian-Li PC-60FB || 2 x BenQ G2400WD || Vista Ultimate 64bit || Samsung SH-S223Q || Logitech MX518 || Logitech Ultra-X || SteelSeries SX || Klipsch ProMedia Ultra 5.1 || ATI TV Wonder 650 PCIe ||
Server: || E5200 w/ XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 || ASUS P5Q-EM || EVGA 8800GTS G92 w/ Accelero S1 R2 || G.SKILL 6400 2x2GB || 1 x WD6400AAKS || 4 x 1TB Samsung F1 || SeaSonic M12II SS-500GM || Antec Three Hundred || Samsung SH-203BL || Ubuntu 8.10 ||

prx984

prx984

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Joined 22-March 06
ooo hopefully you do have enough room for the teeth so you dont need to have em out. if they gotta fill a cavity back there, your going to have pain just from them wrenching your jaw open. mine still hurts a lot just because of the that. the actual holes and that in my mouth no longer hurt.

Lazy8

Lazy8

Technophobe

• PipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Joined 23-June 05
Mine were growing straight, but too far back to clean well or fill. Had the upper two removed, so no problem with dry socket--and fortunately, no sinus flooring either. It wasn't painful, even though I had local anasthetic only. Just a bit unsettling to feel the tooth rip out of the socket--a sensation interesting enough that I was happy to skip the gas.
Images in signatures shall NOT exceed a total of 300x100 and 80kb.

Nerwin

Nerwin

Photographer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,827 posts
  • Joined 31-May 05
Nope. Mine are coming in perfect :D, I'm lucky they said :D

Desktop: Intel Core i5-3570K @ 3.8ghz || G. Skill Ripjaws 8GB DDR3 2133 || ASUS P8Z77-V LK || 128GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD || 640gb WD SATA HDD || Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO || Corsair TX650M || ASUS 24X SATA DVD Burner || Fractal Designs Arc Midi || Windows 7 64-bit 

prx984

prx984

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Joined 22-March 06
lol, old post don't ya think?

I still have small holes, but the pain is entirely gone now, I can eat pizza again :D

Edited by prx984, 28 January 2007 - 08:44 PM.

gamehead200

gamehead200

SEARCH!!! SEARCH!!!

• Super Moderator
  • 7,039 posts
  • Joined 02-September 02
I've had 3 wisdom teeth and 1 molar (because it wasn't growing properly) removed.

Q`BaLL

Q`BaLL
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 21-April 07
All four of mine came through at once and it didnt leave a lot of room for my other teeth which started to bend and twist. A couple even broke. So i had day surgery and got all four out and a broken one. Best way to do it. Go to sleep and wake up with a mouth full of cotton

mau-yong

mau-yong

silent, swift and deadly

• PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Joined 01-June 05
Two wisdom teeth removed here, upper and lower left. I still have the other two but if they cause me trouble...

Wesmosis

Wesmosis

Just Call Me Doctor Just Call Me Pain!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts
  • Joined 20-September 04
yes
@I dont know how the third World War will be fought, but I`m sure the fourth will be fought with sticks and stones
@Like What You Do, If You Can't Do What You Like
@Reality.Sys Corrupted. Universe Halted. Reboot Y/N

Toontwnca

Toontwnca

• 18 posts
  • Joined 16-October 07

Getting a few removed on the 16th! ;) Plus a bunch of molars that aren't growing properly... Oh well...

That's not to bad. Taking this a bit further, I had 30 ripped out in one sitting.

hybrid0603

hybrid0603
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 28-April 06
Well, I had all four of mine out 3-4 days ago. I got gas + IV; the whole ordeal took less than an hour, recovery time included. To be honest, it doesn't even hurt at all. In fact, I had a sandwich that evening and went back to work the next day. My gums bled constantly for two days after the surgery, but haven't had any blood since. Just be sure to swish your mouth out with salt water every couple of hours (especially after eating) to prevent them from becoming infected. I still haven't filled the prescription for the pain meds. The swelling sucks, but my cheeks have mostly gone back to normal. Did I mention to rinse your mouth with salt water every couple hours? Getting a good surgeon helps, too.

FAT64

FAT64

• PipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts
  • Joined 09-October 04
I had mine taken out some years ago. I was given an introvenous sedative and I was away with the fairies. But there's no way I'm going to go through with it again! :whistle:

Edited by FAT64, 30 December 2007 - 07:37 AM.

There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

awergh

awergh

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts
  • Joined 02-October 05
i had all 4 out last august i think, except they hadnt come up yet and were pressing against the other teeth so i had to have them out cause i had infection before, it was a bit weird because you remember just before you went out and waking up i thought it was weird and i was all puffy and stuff afterwards, but in some ways it meant i had a 5day holiday because it was in the middle of the week i had them taken out but anyway

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,814 posts
  • Joined 28-April 06

Donator

I haven't but I think they fell out by now.
MSFN RULES | GimageX HTA for PE 3-5 | lol probloms
msfn2_zpsc37c7153.jpg

UtCollector

UtCollector

Addon maker

• PipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Joined 11-January 06
Hehe, Funny oftopic poll. :rolleyes:

I got some pulled out. Still 1 to go someday :(
I might be 1 of the about 50% that say's it dosn't hurt that much. (Having it do by a pro.)
The part of losing blood and bad tast is the most anoying if you aks mee.

awergh

awergh

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts
  • Joined 02-October 05
i dont remember stuff about losing blood and testing it,
main thing was that my face was all puffy and stuff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN