Windows 2003 X64 server network install

I have to use the floppy method for right now to install W2K3 X64 over the network with Si3114 drivers.

I am using Winnt32.exe and when the textmode starts, I use F6, choose the driver from the floppy, loads driver and textmode continues. When the actual copying of files begins, error message says it cannot copy the si3114.sys file or any of the other files from the floppy. I have created 3-4 floppies of this driver and it is not corrupted files. I already tried the [MassStorage].. method in the network install and got BSOD's.

Is there something I need to change on the floppy (txtsetup.oem..etc..) or in the network setup to get Textmode to copy these files from the floppy and load the driver. These are not the si3114 RAID drivers because the controller is the SATALink controller on board a Tyan 2285 board.

THX

Hi!

You might wanna check out the TXTSETUP.SIF file method of adding SCSI/RAID/SATA drivers to your installation which is nice, even though I am having problems with it right now. :wacko:

However, if you run a normal installation and invoke F6 and insert none edited drivers (downloaded from manufacturer) and the installation halts because of some error refereced to the supplied driver, I would say there is something messed up with the driver.

Driver is fine, I wasn't using /tempdrive:c

When I use the F6 method the drivers install, I already modified the txtsetup.sif and Winnt.sif

following the guides on this forum.

Here is my Winnt.sif, do I need to add the [MASSSTORAGE] section for a network install ?

[Data]
Autopartition = 1
MsDosInitiated = 0
UnattendedInstall = "Yes"

[Unattended]
UnattendMode = FullUnattended
UnattendSwitch = "Yes"
OemPreinstall = "Yes"
OemSkipEula = "Yes"
FileSystem = *
WaitForReboot = "No"
NoWaitAfterTextMode = 1
NoWaitAfterGUIMode = 1
DriverSigningPolicy = Ignore
NonDriverSigningPolicy = Ignore
OemPnPDriversPath="Si3114"

[SetupParams]
SkipMissingFiles = "No"

[GuiUnattended]
AutoLogon = "No"
EncryptedAdminPassword = "No"
TimeZone = 04
OEMSkipRegional = 1
OemSkipWelcome = 1

[LicenseFilePrintData]
AutoMode = PerServer
AutoUsers = 999

[Components]
Iis_common = On
Iis_inetmgr = On
Iis_nntp = On
Iis_smtp = On
Iis_webadmin = On
Iis_webdav = On
Iis_www = On
Iis_asp = On

[UserData]
ProductKey = "XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX"
ComputerName = DEPLOY64
FullName = *
OrgName = "CSD"

[RegionalSettings]
Language = "0409"

[Networking]
InstallDefaultComponents = "Yes"

[WindowsFirewall]
Profiles = WindowsFirewall.TurnOffFirewall

[WindowsFirewall.TurnOffFirewall]
Mode = 0

[Identification]
JoinWorkgroup = "NintS"

• 1 month later...

loki,

Any luck solving this? I'm having the same issue - I embed VMware's SCSI driver for testing before I burn my disc, but windows craps out when it comes to using drivers when hitting F6. Here's what happens:

1) Boot from UA disc; I hit F6

2) I pick one, two, any number of drivers

3) Windows makes it to pick partition of text mode setup

4) I pick a partition from any drive (atapi or RAID/SCSI, don't matter)

5) Windows formats the drive

6) It then tries to copy the drivers from the floppy disc(s), but fails

Interestingly enough, it acceses the floppy drive but fails to copy the file(s).

Anyone else see this?

I have edited my TXTSETUP.SIF with the correct parameters as shown in this post, and my WINNT.SIF has:

OemPreinstall=Yes

OemPnPDriversPath="Drivers\001\VMSCSI"

DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

Thanks,

- Jason

the problem may be "OemPreinstall=Yes" preventing you from using the F6 method of loading drivers.

from the MSFN Unattended guide

OemPreinstall=Yes

This option is default to No but if you are using the $OEM$ Distribution Folders then it needs to be set to Yes, so that Setup regards this installation as a distribution and copies these files over to the system drive. This occurs at the end of Text-mode Setup.

Having OemPreinstall set to Yes will also prevent you from loading RAID/SATA drivers from a floppy disc during textmode setup. The only workaround for that problem is to directly integrate the drivers into the CD, as described here.