Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

My site..

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

N1K

N1K

MCSA W2K, MCDST

• Patrons
  • 1,431 posts
Don't ask me what am I doin' 'cause I still don't know :whistle:

Frontpage looks like MSFN's, only more indigent...
I'm currently thinking what subjects this forum should cover and what structure should it be..

WinCert.net

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

prx984

prx984

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
kool, i like it :)

lol i just read a thing on the frontpage, limewire creators get sued :lol:

good job though, hopefully it gets a lot of attention.

N1K

N1K

MCSA W2K, MCDST

• Patrons
  • 1,431 posts

kool, i like it :)

lol i just read a thing on the frontpage, limewire creators get sued :lol:

good job though, hopefully it gets a lot of attention.

Thx Cygnus, I hope I'll have at least 10% visitors as MSFN have. That would be more than enough for me :)
As for the Limewire, it's destiny will be just like Napster's IMHO...

prx984

prx984

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
np ;), bookmarked!

tain

tain

Cyber Ops

• Super Moderator
  • 3,680 posts

Donator

Looks very nice. I can *taste* the MSFN all the way down to the forum layout :lol: Your front page is far less busy which is a good thing, IMHO.

I'm a bit confused, though. Is this a general news site or what? The name had me hoping that it was intended to be a certification site with news/faqs/tips about and for getting different certs...but it looks like it is actually news of various topics.

gamehead200

gamehead200

SEARCH!!! SEARCH!!!

• Super Moderator
  • 7,039 posts
Very nice, N1K! ;) Keep up the great work! :D

ripken204

ripken204

The Hardware Guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,311 posts
i think it could use some nice logo up top, otherwise its fantastic, great work.

Desktop: || lappped Q6700 w/ lapped TRUE || ASUS P5Q Deluxe|| Sapphire 4870 1GB || Mushkin Ascent XP2-8500 (2x2GB) || 2 x WD6400AAKS || Corsair HX620W || Lian-Li PC-60FB || 2 x BenQ G2400WD || Vista Ultimate 64bit || Samsung SH-S223Q || Logitech MX518 || Logitech Ultra-X || SteelSeries SX || Klipsch ProMedia Ultra 5.1 || ATI TV Wonder 650 PCIe ||
Server: || E5200 w/ XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 || ASUS P5Q-EM || EVGA 8800GTS G92 w/ Accelero S1 R2 || G.SKILL 6400 2x2GB || 1 x WD6400AAKS || 4 x 1TB Samsung F1 || SeaSonic M12II SS-500GM || Antec Three Hundred || Samsung SH-203BL || Ubuntu 8.10 ||

prx984

prx984

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
i have a question, how are you getting the main page to display the recent posts on the forum? iv always wondered about that because of msfn's main page, but i never really brought it up. id like to do a similar thing on my website, but i doubt ill be able to just because i know almost nothing about webdesigning or programming. :blushing:

gamehead200

gamehead200

SEARCH!!! SEARCH!!!

• Super Moderator
  • 7,039 posts

i have a question, how are you getting the main page to display the recent posts on the forum? iv always wondered about that because of msfn's main page, but i never really brought it up. id like to do a similar thing on my website, but i doubt ill be able to just because i know almost nothing about webdesigning or programming. :blushing:

$$$

http://www.virtuanews.co.uk/

:yes:

prx984

prx984

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
dang >_< oh well, gives the admins of these geater respect from me :)

im quite content with my site as is anyway, i finally got a color scheme i really like. it may be based on the skin of my forum, but thats ok i like it :lol:

Edited by Cygnus, 05 August 2006 - 09:19 PM.

tain

tain

Cyber Ops

• Super Moderator
  • 3,680 posts

Donator

Alternatively, check out kubix.

N1K

N1K

MCSA W2K, MCDST

• Patrons
  • 1,431 posts

Looks very nice. I can *taste* the MSFN all the way down to the forum layout :lol: Your front page is far less busy which is a good thing, IMHO.

I'm a bit confused, though. Is this a general news site or what? The name had me hoping that it was intended to be a certification site with news/faqs/tips about and for getting different certs...but it looks like it is actually news of various topics.

Well, first idea was that it should be a Windows and Certification site and forum, and it was for about 2 months, but I had problems with contents and visitors. I can say that I'm a system administrator and don't know much about CMS, Web design, Web programing, graphic, etc.....

I wanted to put demo exams, but I don't know how, put some certification news instead of general, but those news are more on a monthly rather than a daily basis. I needed help for this but was all alone so I decided not to write about Cert's..

The other problem is free time, you always miss that when you're working as an administrator :angry:

i think it could use some nice logo up top, otherwise its fantastic, great work.

I share the same thoughts buddy, but have no one to made it for me... :no:

$$$

http://www.virtuanews.co.uk/

:yes:

Although using it, it's an old CMS system, I'm considering after my licence expires go for an alternative which would be free. Nice suggestion from Tain..

WolfX2

WolfX2

Werewolf? Here's Wolf! :P

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 694 posts
very nice N1K! :D , oooo...look a gfx forum *runs there* :P

prx984

prx984

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
i like the logo the site has, its nice, simple, and small. doesnt distract from the main content of the page either, which is perfect for me as i like to read a lot on the main page :)

theres a lot of useful information there too.

keep up the good work N1K :D

oh, and TAiN, thanks for the link to kubix, i saw it a while back, but i didnt understand what it was. now, today when i have some free time ill be playing around with it.

Edited by Cygnus, 06 August 2006 - 06:25 AM.

nfm

nfm

Multimedia Guru

• PipPip
  • 192 posts
@Cygnus

check out this site http://www.opensourcecms.com/ , I just found it today and what I also found out it that joomla is an open source! I thought it was not free. Check out this vitual demo http://demo.opensourcecms.com/joomla/ There are laso many great themes http://demo.rockettheme.com/
Posted Image | Posted Image
stop piracy, switch to open source.

N1K

N1K

MCSA W2K, MCDST

• Patrons
  • 1,431 posts

@Cygnus

check out this site http://www.opensourcecms.com/ , I just found it today and what I also found out it that joomla is an open source! I thought it was not free. Check out this vitual demo http://demo.opensourcecms.com/joomla/ There are laso many great themes http://demo.rockettheme.com/

Thx for this, I'll check this out, seems like a good alternative for VN..

mendipjohn

mendipjohn

• PipPip
  • 142 posts
I know this topic is a few days old now but just to say the site looks really nice ;)
I can only imagine it costs a fair bit to run with the Virtual News licence fee and hosting costs :wacko:
All the same good site :) Now someone needs to create an equivilant for open source software lol.
I also notice the use of US English(s or z?) :P

Edited by mendipjohn, 19 August 2006 - 02:23 AM.

N1K

N1K

MCSA W2K, MCDST

• Patrons
  • 1,431 posts
Thx mendipjohn, I have to say that I'm in the process of testing and preparing the new CMS for the frontpage. It will run on Joomla instead of VirtuaNews.

Check it here: WinCert.net new

mendipjohn

mendipjohn

• PipPip
  • 142 posts
The Joomla definitely looks good, especially given it is free to use. Should look real good once you have the look your after ;)

N1K

N1K

MCSA W2K, MCDST

• Patrons
  • 1,431 posts

The Joomla definitely looks good, especially given it is free to use. Should look real good once you have the look your after ;)

Actually, I've bought this skin matey and have to pay 20$ to buy a plug-in script that connected existing accounts from IPB forum and Joomla.
I have to only think about news structure now and have to put a logo, otherwise it's preety much it. I've been working hardly on that site for the last week with the help from few buddies of mine.. :)

piXelatedEmpire

piXelatedEmpire

nLiten me, nuhi!

• PipPipPip
  • 306 posts
nice looking site N1K, I like it, and I think it is much more pleasing to the eye and easier to read than msfn homepage, however you website gives me the impression that it is an updated version of msfn!

Please don't take offense, none intended, I have registered and bookmarked ;)

Edited by piXelatedEmpire, 06 September 2006 - 05:53 PM.

N1K

N1K

MCSA W2K, MCDST

• Patrons
  • 1,431 posts

nice looking site N1K, I like it, and I think it is much more pleasing to the eye and easier to read than msfn homepage, however you website gives me the impression that it is an updated version of msfn!

Please don't take offense, none intended, I have registered and bookmarked ;)

non-taken matey, MSFN is the perfect example of nice and well organised web site and I just folowed that example..

BTW, you're still validating, haven't you received the validation mail??

Woomera

Woomera

MSFN Fan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts
Nice website N1k.i checked it out today and it was nice.also bookmarked. :thumbup

N1K

N1K

MCSA W2K, MCDST

• Patrons
  • 1,431 posts

Nice website N1k.i checked it out today and it was nice.also bookmarked. :thumbup

Thx, I have really a lot of work with it, especially with fresh news every day :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN