Jetway P4M800PRO-P Motherboard + Intel Pentium D 3.0 GHz cause WinXP r

Rowan

Hey there, I have assembled a system unit Jetway P4M800PRO-P Motherboard with Intel Pentium D 3.0 GHz and TwinMos 512MB DDR2, I installed with Windows XP Professional SP2. But it will auto-restart when I'm typing documents or listening MP3.

I found out that Windows got bugcheck with memory address in Event Viewer from Administrative Tool. Does it caused by motherboard which is not supporting Dual-Core Proccesser?

I ran memtest86 from Hiren 8.2. I leave this pc for 3 hours and the result are passed, no fail. I guess mobo is really **** bad. I will try update BIOS, although I don't like it.

you may also want to check that your PSU is up to the task.
You mean Power Supply Unit, right? I tried to change different PSU but still no good. I will try use Pentium D 2.66 whether it still can restart or not.

That board normally comes with BIOS that will support the Pentium D, even the first release. I only thing I could think of, is an incompatible problem with the RAM. To solve this you could flash the BIOS but:

My question to Rowan is: What type of RAM is it besides TwinMOS 512MB DDR2?

My question to Rowan is: What type of RAM is it besides TwinMOS 512MB DDR2?

Huh? You mean more detail on TwinMos 512MB DDR2 RAM? You have to refer TwinMOS website. That's all I can do, sorry puntoMX.

BTW, I found out that it won't restart as I replaced it with Pentium D 2.66 GHz, funny right? I know how to update BIOS but only thing I afraid of is update bios unsuccessful and cause motherboard become a piece of junk.

Well, I hope you know what speed that DDR2 DIMM of yours is?

Just flash the BIOS, don´t be scared. You also have waranty on it don´t you?

RAM speed is 533 MHz. And motherboard does have warranty.

upgrade the bios! and the problem with that new cpu is that you may have to reset the cmos.

My pal have updated BIOS, load CMOS default, but the result is still remain same :no: . I give up this mobo and I am going to use Gigabyte MOBO from now.

Thanks for your helps :P .

Edited by Rowan