intel duel core motherboard/chip ideas

cumminbk

im building a new pc system and have been planning on going with amd but now im hearing intel has taking the lead in performance. What is a good intel motherboard. i liked Asus for amd but do they also make great intel boards? and a good intel chip.

price limits

motherboard $100ish

chip 150ish

well intel is only taking over with their new core 2 duo.

the cheapeset one at newegg is 230$...

an average mobo for it will cost ~100$ asus is a good brand

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList....=&maxPrice=

so this is the best performing chip out right now. now you could go pentium D which isnt rly better than the amd dual cores... but if i were you i would save up some money and wait for prices to drop a little, unless you need the computer right now.

well i was orignally going to go with just an ASUS A8N-SLI Premium with a 3800+ x2 chip

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16813131540

i had considered am2 but i wasnt sure how well perfected they are. if you had suggestions on am2 chips and motherboard plz share. plus i heard performace hasnt improved that much yet with these new chipsets. your thoughts?

also ripkin you have opteron i see but what is the difference between opteron and sempron vs athlon?

opterons are meant for servers, therefore they go thru more intents testing to make sure they are good. they tend to overclock a hell of alot. all models of them seem to hit at least 2.6ghz-2.7ghz. but if u want to overclock then i would suggest getting a dfi board.

am2 doesnt have much of a performance increase at all but you are future proofed. you have ddr2 and support for am3.

As of right now Intel Core 2 Duo chips are in high demand and due to the lite shortage, i would recommend waiting about 3 months as the prices for Core 2 6300 will be low, Refer to Core 2 Duo Topic. Their is boards out their that support Core2 Duo. However Ausu and Gigabyte are the two of choice.

Newegg shows the E6300 and E6400 priced around $229 and $299 respectively. This is well above the distributor price of $183 and $224.

ZipZoomFly shows the E6300 and E6400 priced around $ $208 and $256 respectively.

Note: Back after classified military operations.