All programs and applications don't work anymore

nicodemus34

i've never really seen anything like this so i have no idea what to do. i had downloaded a song for my stepmania (Dance Dance Revolution for the computer) and when the song ended, i have recieved a blue screen and said the usual errors and to press any key to fix the problem. then another message came up on a blue screen saying if this was the first time you have recieved this message, please restart you computer. so i did and now when i turn it on, none of the programs start.

the usual programs that start on log in, such as norton anti virus/ adaware, dont start. windows come up saying "Windows cannot open this file: Norton Anti Virus". i cant restore back the computer to the day before. it gives me a message about "this program is not in relation with windows. please make one in the options menu."

the only program that opens is my FireFox but i cant go to log in to any email accounts. my virus protection failed me. all .exe's dont load or any .ink's. i can download stuff but if its a .exe, it doesnt run. i tried reinstalling programs to the computer, the CD runs then nothing comes up (tried to open in My Computer still the same thing). basically, i can only open folders, surf the internet without going to emails, and none of the programs load.

please help me because my only alternative left is to restore the computer to original condition which is not an option for me. i have no back up hard drive to place my contents in either.