Help with Intel RAID/Chipset Slipstream...

virtualrain

Hi,

I'm about to package a slipstream for a new Intel Motherboard (Asus P5W DH Deluxe) which uses the Intel 975x chipset.

The OS install will be onto a RAID array managed by the Intel chipset.

I've got some questions:

Chipset INF Package:

1. The Chipset INF package includes an XP folder which appears to have INF files for every chipset Intel makes... I believe my system has an ICH7 so what INF files do I need? IIRC nLite will load every INF and file in the whole subdirectory... so maybe this question is irrelevant... just use them all?

2. Furthermore, within the XP folder for the INF package, there is an "SP" folder with additional files like ich7id2.cat and ich7id2.inf... I assume I need those as well?

RAID Drivers:

3. I've expanded the storage manager package and there are two INF files in the driver folder...

iaahci.inf and iastor.inf... are these all that I need to get the RAID array recognized for installing Windows?

Is there anything else I should know or consider?

Hello

In past i had had the same problem ! How integrate those drivers in text mode and in the same time in PNP mode (like others).

when i used Nlite, older than actual version, you can choose the way to integrate but you can choose the two methods, because you will have a failure !

So i discover this tool "XP ISO BUILDER", which dissociate "Mass storage drivers" (RAID/SATA/SCSI) integration and pnp drivers (like vga ...)

It works very well with all SATA drivers (just follow the link onto the program for the Nvidia nforce!) it's in german, but google translate it.

This presentation is short but, i'm sure it is one solution.

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=80162

The French Language File (Translate by myself ! :lol)

http://rapidshare.de/files/30131225/english.lng.html

The program

www.winfuture.de/xpisobuilder3

++

++