WUD Version 2 Feature Requests

jcarle

Right, I get what you mean. Well, in a way, this is by design. The color indicators do tell you if the file already exists, but it would be bad design to stop you from re-downloading it a second time if you really wanted to.

If you have already downloaded updates in the specified folder, is it supposed to notice these and color the boxes beside those hotfixes? Currently, build 724 hasn't really scanned the folder to see if hotfixes already exist and to color those choices automatically. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

It will only find those updates that are already download if you point to the same download location using the same options as you download. IE, if you download to C:\UPDATES using the Categories as subfolders and Products as subfolders options, those both have to be checked and the download location has to be C:\UPDATES for it to find what you previously downloaded. Make sense?

• 2 weeks later...

hi,i have a WSUS(Windows Server Update Services) server

but sometime it dose not work, neither support xp home version

so, if the soft can download patchs from the lan server can save a lots of time

thx :angel

hi,i have a WSUS(Windows Server Update Services) server

but sometime it dose not work, neither support xp home version

so, if the soft can download patchs from the lan server can save a lots of time

thx :angel

That's abit out of the scope of this application. It would require you to create custom ULs really that point to an internal LAN web server.

Heya JCarle,

Great program, just tried it out. I've some questions though, I'm not 100% sure if these are already implemented but otherwise count it as a Feature Request. :)

- It would be nice to have an organizational function for showing/hiding already downloaded updates

- I've downloaded around 70 Critical Updates now, when for example next week a new one is released and I download it by using Windows Updates Downloader I've to search through the 70 Critical Updates in the Critical Updates folder, it would be easy if there would be some kind of folder "Not installed updates"

Maybe these two things are already possible and I didn't found it out yet.

Anyway, great program, even without those functions! Keep on with the great work!

Heya JCarle,

Great program, just tried it out. I've some questions though, I'm not 100% sure if these are already implemented but otherwise count it as a Feature Request. :)

- It would be nice to have an organizational function for showing/hiding already downloaded updates

- I've downloaded around 70 Critical Updates now, when for example next week a new one is released and I download it by using Windows Updates Downloader I've to search through the 70 Critical Updates in the Critical Updates folder, it would be easy if there would be some kind of folder "Not installed updates"

Maybe these two things are already possible and I didn't found it out yet.

Anyway, great program, even without those functions! Keep on with the great work!

Well, using the now available command line parameters, it's fairly easy to set up a shortcut to WUD that would do exactly just that, download only the new updates but I'm going to work out something a little more useful for the user interface.

Setting up the icon is very easy, just point to the WUD executable, choose the UL filename of the list you want to check and create a download folder.

In the shortcut target, you'd put something like:

"C:\Program Files\Windows Updates Downloader\WUD.exe" -automated "windows-xp-x86-enu.ul" "D:\UPDATES" C

Just make sure the Start in folder points to the working directory where the update list is:

"C:\Program Files\Windows Updates Downloader"

hello

can you add support for "windows xp media center edition 2005 MCE 2005" , it will be very useful to lot of people

media center edition is not supported in RyanVM's update pack and autopatcher so it will be a an exclusive feature in "Windows Updates Downloader "

thanks

hello

can you add support for "windows xp media center edition 2005 MCE 2005" , it will be very useful to lot of people

media center edition is not supported in RyanVM's update pack and autopatcher so it will be a an exclusive feature in "Windows Updates Downloader "

thanks

We just need someone who can make the ULs for it.

i have windows xp media center edition 2005 oem original 2 cd's

i can help a little , can i install media center edition 2005 on my pc and then update the windows via windows updates service and then save the history of updates installed , and send the list to you ??

because i did not find list of MCE2005 updates in windows updates catalogue

then somebody can make the ULs , because i don't have the experience to make it :blushing:

Edited by salah

i have windows xp media center edition 2005 oem original 2 cd's

i can help a little , can i install media center edition 2005 on my pc and then update the windows via windows updates service and then save the history of updates installed , and send the list to you ??

because i did not find list of MCE2005 updates in windows updates catalogue

then somebody can make the ULs , because i don't have the experience to make it :blushing:

Are you sure that the actual XP updates are different for MCE? It was my understanding that MCE was a component that's just added to XP?

OK This Is The Full Patches List And Installation Order For XP Media Center Edition 2005 SP2 OEM

I've Installed Genuine Xp Mce05 Sp2 Oem And Used Microsoft Updates

Files Attached

I Hope There Is Some Who Can Make The UL For It

list.zip

Use Right Click Then Save Target As..

order.zip

Use Right Click Then Save Target As..

Note : Download size for Update Rollup 2 for Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 (KB900325) is:

62.4 MB inside Microsoft Update

Because it contains the folowing updates:

1-.NET Framework Version 1.1 Size: 23.1 MB

2-.NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 Size: 10.2 MB

3-WindowsXPMediaCenter2005-KB900325-usa.exe Size: 29.0 MB (This is Update Rollup 2 alone)

Edited by salah

• 4 weeks later...

Program looks good. A couple of feature requests:

Keep the file download time/date. In 2.24, it sets the file modified date to the current date, it'd be nice if it kept the original time/date of the file.

In the program, it'd be nice if I could say "Only show me updates post-SPx". Maybe that would require a different update list file.

On the update list (on the web site), being able to filter by language and/or product would be nice, especially if you saved the preference in a cookie.

Thanks!

To jcarle

Here's what's missing IMO:

• Detect the already installed updates
  • Updates Install command: a button near the download one or via menu to provide multiple installs at a time or, at least, an option to customize filenames with items order #, upd. date and so on. It helps when you need to install updates from scratch (i.e. after a win reinstall)
  • Option to store the descriptions of updates as filename.txt or a global descript.ion file and if possible, the packages needed by the update (and the deprecated too). KBxxxxx didn't say much :P

I also want to ask you if I can try to develop my own client (with the features above) using your ULs. Obviously I'll credit your work and link to your ULs web page.

I'll understand if you'll consider this as a theft as the idea is yours so feel free to say no

... and btw I don't know if I'll have the time to make it ;)

BTW, great job and good idea... keep on going with it.

Edited by Night Ranger