viamraid.sys won't copy over with stripped down WinXP

Hi there.

I'm having a problem with the VIA Raid Driver (viamraid.sys) which will copy over fine when using the normal Windows XP CD but not with the stripped down version.

I cannot work out which dependencies I'm removing that could be causing this problem. When using the stripped down version (on CD-RW but that's never mattered in the past) it gets to just past the format drive stage before a message comes up saying it can't copy viamraid.sys.

The components I'v removed from the stripped down version were using nLite, where I removed all languages, keyboards, accessories, some network tools, and things like system restore, security center, etc.

Any help appreciated. I'd rather have a quick installtion of XP that was clean to start with then have to install the full version and then use XPLite or similar to remove components.

Cheers.

Hussein.

Hi and thanks for the reply. Sorry! Should have remembered the config file :blushing:

Anyways, I burned the same ISO + stripped down onto a new disc, and now practically every file has an error. So I suspect there is some corruption somewhere, also that the original disc (where I was copying the files from) is corrupt.

I'm going to get a new disc (more money to Microsoft but oh well) and try again.

Config attached.

Hussein.

Last_Session__2006.08.24_01.25.21_.ini

Hi. Sorted the viamraid.sys problem. Will post in a new thread as I think this could be useful to a lot of people, and it'll save them trawling through posts to find it.

Two problems now:

1. After install, DVD/CD drives are not detected. Not listed in My Computer or Device Manager.

2. I cannot access C:\ or any other drive through the Run prompt. I think whichever component maps drive letters to drives was removed.

Can anyone help with this please?

Hussein.