How to make a software from .exe become .msi?

Post more details about your project, so someone can help.

i used xp64, and i have used addon maker to make Deamon tool 403 , Alcohol1.9.5.4327,Msn8 ,kkman3 and kaspersky6.0.1.356 , but i can not automatically install after making those addons. I think the switch in the addon maker is not correct. I wish someone can tell me the correct switch. :(

SVCPACK is generally rubbish for installing apps
When i grow up i hope I'm not a genius like you especially since i install just about everything through SVCPACK. I don't even use a $OEM$ folder, no cmdlines.txt and no runounceex.cmd either.

shark

please tell me if using SVCPACK

can u install all software?

no, not all software can be installed through SVCPACK. My own WLM doesnt work from svcpack. With wares that do not work from svcpack, i use a batchfile called from runonce to install the remaining applications after 1st boot.

shark

SVCPACK is generally rubbish for installing apps
When i grow up i hope I'm not a genius like you especially since i install just about everything through SVCPACK. I don't even use a $OEM$ folder, no cmdlines.txt and no runounceex.cmd either.

shark

13 Year old Kid Genius

Group: Members

yes 13 Year old Kid Genius 1047 posts allways commenting on everyones posts but no answers to the problem.

thought this was a forum to help people but lately its getting a case of search or get flamed for not searching not everyone is a MSFN wizard or even this might be there first time on a forum.

urie

Member Group: Members

i dont need to get my stats up

I want to make a software which can automatically installed.Someone tell me msi can do so .Who can help me make a file from exe become msi.Thanks . :)

If you do a search in the Application Installs forum using the search phrase "AdminStudio", a tutorial I wrote quite some time ago should be in the top 10 or 20 of the search results. It's a guide on using AdminStudio to repack applications into an .msi file.

It isn't the most complete guide, but it will certainly get you headed in the right direction. Regarding the debate of svcpack vs. RunOnceEx, I always try to get an application to install from svcpack and only resort to RunOnceEx if absolutely must. For someone to say it's rubbish only shows they really don't know what they're talking about.

In the end it is a matter of personal preference and there is no factual basis to claim that RunOnceEx, or anything else for that matter, is superior.

SVCPACK is generally rubbish for installing apps so I don't use NLAOM.

The switches in the addon maker are all correct.

Use Installrite or installwatch from http://epsilonsquared.com to repackage the programs. It doesn't have to be a msi!

@maniag, how much did you pay for adminstudio??

this link: http://epsilonsquared.com has problem. Thank you for your help. :)