Intel SATA textmode integration problems

JerichoJones

I am using nLite to create build cd from which I can create a unified ghost image. I have no apparent issue with the integration into the cd. Here is the problem, I build my image in a VM and it seems fine until I try to boot on a machine with the SATA hardware (Inaccessible_Boot_Device). If I load the OS from nLite CD on the SATA hardware and create the image it works great on all my hardware. I want to develop my image in a VM. How can I solve this problem?

I had the same problem with our image here, but I was not able to get the SATA driver working, unless I built the image on the SATA hardware. I found myself under the impression that the SATA driver information did not load to the image, because it had no reason to, on the VM hardware.

How can do image drivers for hardware that doesn't exist in the VM?

The SATA driver/s are manually added in or integrated in nlite etc. You can't build the image in the VM as the SATA Disk itself doesn't exist.

How can do image drivers for hardware that doesn't exist in the VM?

The SATA driver/s are manually added in or integrated in nlite etc. You can't build the image in the VM as the SATA Disk itself doesn't exist.

OK. So why does Ultra DMA work if I did not create the image from that? I'm confused.

Because in VM emulates other hardware, not Yours!

it emulates old chipset Intel 440BX.

What drivers version are You trying to integrate?

Sorry. I guess I wasn't clear. When I build the image on a laptop with SATA, the image works fine in a VM or hardware with ATA. At least it works under XP. Under Win2k it does not.

The drivers are the HP (Intel) SATA drivers.