User accounts

Reinvented

Over the last few days, I've been trying to figure this out, and i'm completely at a loss now on how to fix this, and get the right unattended setup working.

I'm using nLite 1.0.1 Final, with Nero 6, and a Clean source of Windows XP with Service Pack 1.

I managed to get all my stuff setup, just the way I like it. Integrated SP2, Drivers, and then comes time for the Unattended Setup.

In RC8, I was able to get the root directory to display my name in the documents. Which is linked to the naming of the administrator account. Since 1.0 Final, that didn't work, and now in 1.0.1 it doesn't work as well. I read the guide, and saw an option for it under "Options". So, i started selecting it with that. I filled everything out again, and then under "Options", changed "Rename Admistrator Account" to my name. Cool, thought it was good. However, when it comes time to install then, after burning the ISO and such, Windows will restart.

So, can anyone help with this? Am I not choosing the correct options or something? I want a completely unattended setup, where I don't have to input anything at all...but have it still display my name instead of Administrator's Documents, and such.

Also, should I not be selecting FullUnattended in the options? Leave it on defaulthide when i fill out all the things???

Any help is much appreciated...

yes you should be selecting "FullUnattended".. that's what i do. And i just put my name in the "Rename Administrator" option.. make sure you're filling in all the details..

can you be a bit more specific on what exactly happens when you're installing? and if possible please attach the last session.ini (don't copy paste, attach)

yes you should be selecting "FullUnattended".. that's what i do. And i just put my name in the "Rename Administrator" option.. make sure you're filling in all the details..

can you be a bit more specific on what exactly happens when you're installing? and if possible please attach the last session.ini (don't copy paste, attach)

I filled out that one box with my name, however, once I do that, and create a bootable iso and then install Windows. It goes through normally, until the last restart. The last restart won't even boot into Windows. It will just restart my computer after the Windows load screen.

Yes, I do fill out all the details. Without that one option to rename, everything is okay.

In the FullUnattended, should auto-logon be enabled? Should I fill in a name in the Administrator area?

"root directory to display my name in the documents"

Do you mean simply putting Documents and Settings (user profiles) location into the drive root (%SystemDrive%) ?

I don't think I explained it correctly, but I will try to again.

My goal is to rename the administrator account to my own name. In RC8, i was able to do so just by adding my name in the Administrator tab of the Unattended Setup page. Now, when I do that, nothing happens. It leaves it as default administrator. Here are the pictures from that.

mycomputeradminiw3.th.jpgdocumentsandsettingsadmindy7.th.jpg

As you can see in the pictures, it is still labeled as Administrator.

Now, when I do happen to change it in the Options page, and fill out the Unattended Setup page fully just as before, everything seems fine. Until the installation. As soon as I get to the last restart of the installation process, my computer will go to the Windows loading screen, and then immediately restart. As soon as I forget about that one part, then everything is fine again.

I hope this information helps.

Thank you Nuhi for your response.

That option's page option is the option you seek. option.

Why it restarts, who knows.

Do you do all in one go or you restart nlite and do extra things on the same files, is it clean files?

That option's page option is the option you seek. option.

Why it restarts, who knows.

Do you do all in one go or you restart nlite and do extra things on the same files, is it clean files?

Doing everything all at once.

I would like to also try with RC8. Can't seem to find a good valid download link...all the ones i see are dead, or no longer available.

Edited by Reinvented