cmd errors

what am I doing wrong

using WPI v5.3

i have autorun.inf as

[autorun]

shellExecute=wpi\wpi.hta

ICON=wpi\tools\WPI.ico

which seems fine as it launches

say I want to launch "Universal Silent Switch Finder.exe" in the wpi\tools folder

this is the command i have to launch it

%CDROM%\WPI\Tools\Universal Silent Switch Finder.exe

(it is the correct path)

if my CD is drive D: it works, here is the log

cmd1 Success (returned code 0): ""D:\\WPI\Tools\Universal Silent Switch Finder.exe""

but if it is not drive D: I get an error, here is the log

cmd1 *** Fail *** (returned code undefined): "D:\\WPI\Tools\Universal Silent Switch Finder.exe"

shouldn't %CDROM% equate to the actual drive letter and not just D:\

if I launch wpi.hta manually it has the correct drive letter but the wrong path, here is the log

cmd1 *** Fail *** (returned code undefined): "R:\WPI\WPI\Tools\Universal Silent Switch Finder.exe"

(looks like the actual path of where where WPI.hta resides, not just the root of the drive, + the path I code)

could it be that you are missing inverted comma's in a command?

If your command line has blanks in it like between Universal and Silent etc. then the command should be in inverted commas.

if my CD is drive D: it works, here is the log

cmd1 Success (returned code 0): ""D:\\WPI\Tools\Universal Silent Switch Finder.exe""

but if it is not drive D: I get an error, here is the log

cmd1 *** Fail *** (returned code undefined): "D:\\WPI\Tools\Universal Silent Switch Finder.exe"

Edited by BritishBulldog

Sow how do i install from cdrom then?

is it just like this :

CDROM%\WPI\install\emule\eMule0.47a.exe /S

or do i have to fill this in like this :

"CDROM%\WPI\install\emule\eMule0.47a.exe /S"

or... ?

sorry for beeing a wpi n00b :blushing:

Edited by muiz

It should be:

cmd1[pn]=['%wpipath%"WPI\Tools\Universal Silent Switch Finder.exe"'];

Or rename switchfinder to:

Tools\Universal_Silent_Switch_Finder.exe];

:thumbup

Edited by Pliek

Sow how do i install from cdrom then?

is it just like this :

CDROM%\WPI\install\emule\eMule0.47a.exe /S

or do i have to fill this in like this :

"CDROM%\WPI\install\emule\eMule0.47a.exe /S"

or... ?

sorry for beeing a wpi n00b :blushing:

Muiz doe maar zo:

cmd1[pn]=['%wpipath%WPI\install\emule\eMule0.47a.exe /S'];

Well I tried adding quotes but still.

entry

before

cmd1[pn]=['%CDROM%\\American Mcgee\'s Alice\\Auto Install American Mcgee\'s Alice.exe'];

after

cmd1[pn]=['%CDROM%"\\American Mcgee\'s Alice\\Auto Install American Mcgee\'s Alice.exe"'];

error

cmd1 *** Fail *** (returned code undefined): "D:\\American Mcgee's Alice\Auto Install American Mcgee's Alice.exe"

after

cmd1 *** Fail *** (returned code undefined): "D:\"\American Mcgee's Alice\Auto Install American Mcgee's Alice.exe""

The %CDROM% variable always defaults to D:\ when autorun "shellExecute=wpi\wpi.hta" is used to launch WPI which is fine if my drive letter is D but it is not

I was under the impression %CDROM% would equate to the actual drive letter

If I manually execute wpi.hta located in w:\wpi\wpi.hta it seems to set %CDROM% to "W:\WPI" which is the correct drive letter but not the root of the drive but the actual directory of where wpi.hta resides.

error

cmd1 *** Fail *** (returned code undefined): "W:\WPI"\American Mcgee's Alice\Auto Install American Mcgee's Alice.exe""

Edited by Ramona

Well I tried adding quotes but still.

entry

before

cmd1[pn]=['%CDROM%\\American Mcgee\'s Alice\\Auto Install American Mcgee\'s Alice.exe'];

after

cmd1[pn]=['%CDROM%"\\American Mcgee\'s Alice\\Auto Install American Mcgee\'s Alice.exe"'];

error

cmd1 *** Fail *** (returned code undefined): "D:\\American Mcgee's Alice\Auto Install American Mcgee's Alice.exe"

after

cmd1 *** Fail *** (returned code undefined): "D:\"\American Mcgee's Alice\Auto Install American Mcgee's Alice.exe""

The %CDROM% variable always defaults to D:\ when autorun "shellExecute=wpi\wpi.hta" is used to launch WPI which is fine if my drive letter is D but it is not

I was under the impression %CDROM% would equate to the actual drive letter

If I manually execute wpi.hta located in w:\wpi\wpi.hta it seems to set %CDROM% to "W:\WPI" which is the correct drive letter but not the root of the drive but the actual directory of where wpi.hta resides.

error

cmd1 *** Fail *** (returned code undefined): "W:\WPI"\American Mcgee's Alice\Auto Install American Mcgee's Alice.exe""

First try this:

Use %wpipath% instead of %cdrom%

cmd1[pn]=['%wpipath%American_Mcgee_Alice\\American_Mcgee_Alice.exe'];

So rename to shorter names, and take out the double slash after %wpipath% (so then in your install.log.text you don't have a double slash there, because % variable already returns a \).

And make your Autorun like this:

[autorun]
SHELLEXECUTE=WPI\WPI.HTA
ICON=WPI.ICO

That means you put WPI.ICO on the root of your WINXP source.

Succes.

Edited by Pliek