Nothing in system32 folder copied to Windows!

I created an unattended cd. It works great, except for my $OEM$ folder (parallel to my i385 folder) which contains my $$ folder, which contains my system32 folder. Inside my system32 folder I have oeminfo.ini, oemlogo.bmp, and autoit3.exe. These 3 items are NOT being copied to my system32 folder on my pc. I read a few other posts, and tried to move the $OEM$ folder inside the i386 folder, but this didn't work. I also tried to change my winnt.sif file to say OemPreinstall=Yes, and this made my unattended setup stop and prompt for info which it is not supposed to do, so I turned it off. I tried this twice to make sure and both times it stopped the install with a prompt, which I do not want during an unattended install. So my question is how do I get the setup to copy over those 3 files in my system32 folder on the cd to the pc? Is it something stupid like the fact that I have to use System32 with a capital S? Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Don't things like this just drive you crazy? :D

It sounds like you may have a couple of problems here. First, your $OEM$ folder needs to stay outside of the i386 folder. I think we have some people on this board that are confused about this. If you need clarification on this, take a look at the OEM Reference at the Unattended site.

Second, you probably are missing some entries in your WinNT.sif file. You do need to have OEMPreinstall=Yes in this file. If the system stops and is asking for additional information, it's because you didn't supply that information in the WinNT.sif file. Take a look at WinNT.sif Reference on the Unattended site for more information.

Here is an example of what my WinNT.sif file looks like:

[Branding]
BrandIEUsingUnattended=Yes

[Data]
AutomaticUpdates=Yes
AutoPartition=1
MsDosInitiated=0
UnattendedInstall=Yes

[GuiUnattended]
AdminPassword=xxxxxxxx
AutoLogon=Yes
OEMSkipRegional=1
OemSkipWelcome=1
TimeZone=20

[Identification]
JoinWorkgroup=WORKGROUP

[Networking]
InstallDefaultComponents=Yes

[Proxy]
HTTP_Proxy_Server=localhost:8080
Proxy_Enable=1
Proxy_Override=localhost
Use_Same_Proxy=1

[Unattended]
DisableDynamicUpdates=No
DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore
OemPreinstall=Yes
OemSkipEula=Yes
Repartition=Yes
TargetPath=\WINDOWS
UnattendMode=FullUnattended
UnattendSwitch=Yes
WaitForReboot=No

[UserData]
ProductID=xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx
FullName="John Doe"
OrgName="ACME Corporation"
ComputerName=ACME1

Hope this helps.

ok, after looking at your winnt and the guide I realized that I need to have OemSkipWelcome=1, not 0. When you have oempreinstall set to yes, that's the way it has to be otherwise the install will hault. I will give it a try now. Thanks.