what's your computer's performance?

ripken204

My HDD was being thrashed in the earlier builds (upto and including 5384) but since then its hardly got any movement at all. Often it will now reach the spindown time when I'm in power saver (Got a laptop).

Hey Ripken -

You have a high score on all aspects, I was wondering if with that high score everything runs smoothly and quickly ?

Do you still get any of the sluggish behaviour ? Or does Vista run with the consistency of XP (or better) with that rig ?

Hey Ripken -

You have a high score on all aspects, I was wondering if with that high score everything runs smoothly and quickly ?

Do you still get any of the sluggish behaviour ? Or does Vista run with the consistency of XP (or better) with that rig ?

well i love vista right now. it seams to run a heck of alot smoother than xp. the sims 2 also runs smoother in vista :)

its funny how my cpu is the worst component i have tho... dual core opty at 2.6ghz .... i wonder if that test included my 2nd core, i highly doubt it.

its funny how my cpu is the worst component i have tho... dual core opty at 2.6ghz .... i wonder if that test included my 2nd core, i highly doubt it.

Vista does indeed calculate your CPU score based on all available physical and logical processors in your system. Hyperthreading helps, dual core helps more, quad core and beyond would help even further. So to answer your question: yes, that score does include your 2nd core.

I get a 4.2 rating in 5536 with the box in my sig, the single core 2.4GHz processor being the weak point. This is up from a 3 in Beta 2.

On a second A64 rig I get a 1 because of the ATI 9200 graphics… a $33 6200 AGP should be here tomorrow, and build 5600 is @ 85% right now so we’ll see if the ratings change at all.

Vista does indeed calculate your CPU score based on all available physical and logical processors in your system. Hyperthreading helps, dual core helps more, quad core and beyond would help even further. So to answer your question: yes, that score does include your 2nd core.

well thats just a shock to me... wtf do i need then! an x6800! oh i wish... :)

well thats just a shock to me... wtf do i need then! an x6800! oh i wish... :)

I'm not sure this calculates everything properly. I mean I have a 5 or greater for everything except graphics which it says is a 2.1 so I get a score of 2.1. The odd thing is I run an x300 PCIe ATI card. Which to be perfectly honest is the cheapest PCIe card I could find on the market and I just threw it in because of that.

Also it doesn't lag at all for me. I find it runs quite well with all the extra stuff turned on. So if it displays everything quickly and nicely when I have a graphics score of 2.1 then what the heck does a graphics score of 6 get me that 2.1 doesn't?

I half suspect it just has a list of known cards and scores and if you arn't on that list it tries to guess using some basic calculations and sometimes fails.

well by looking at my overall score too, my score== my lowest component score, which it even says that below my overall score

Did you have a point? I'm kind of at a loss as to why you stated this. Was it in reply to me? Or were you replying to someone else? I already knew this. If it was in reply to me then I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I was saying an x300 is better then 2.1 as I can stick a lower end AGP card into the system and get a higher score on graphics then I can with the better PCIe video card.

well, I'm sitting at a 1.0 right now, but that's cuz my graphics card caught on fire and it currently under RMA work with ATI so I'm having to use a radeon 9000 for the time being. But once that gets back to me, I'll have a 3.9 as determined by my 2.8 GHz processor.