Display settings

Hello

I'm having a problem with the display settings. First time it boots, after "finishing installation", in the normal windows installation - also just before the patches start running - windows asks me to change the screen resolution.

Does anyone have a fix for this?

Thanks!

Regards

Danisher

Hello

I'm having a problem with the display settings. First time it boots, after "finishing installation", in the normal windows installation - also just before the patches start running - windows asks me to change the screen resolution.

Does anyone have a fix for this?

Thanks!

Regards

Danisher

I used to get this also but from some reason with my current setup the problems have disapered.

What are you using to test the CD?

Another PC or emulating software?

I found out that when i used VMWare, i would get that same problem. However, when testing it using Virtual PC, or physically installing it on a different computer, it worked fine.

I found out waht was going on. I test on a pc and in virtualpc. The virtualpc does not install the catalyst controle panel since that computer is running an s3 card and so my display settings are not altered but on the other computer is a redeon card and when the catalyst controle panel gets installed the next time the system reboots the screen resolution needs ot be set again. Not sure why this is but it is hardware specific and not the install cd itself.