Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

HDA audio bus driver not found

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Ipsi

Ipsi
  • 1 posts
I just built up an Asus M2N SLI deluxe mobo with an AMD Athlon 64 X2 and installed WinXP pro SP2. When installing the SoundMax audio driver from the Asus support CD I get "the HDA audio bus driver is required and not found." I went to the Asus site and downloaded the latest audio driver and still get the same error. I have read elsewhere that I need to first install Microsofts Universal Audio Architecture, but Windows Update will not allow downloads from Firefox, and I am running an nLite version of XP pro that has Explorer removed.
Any help would be great,
Psi

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Ctrl-X

Ctrl-X

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 444 posts
I'd be surprised if Asus didn't include the HDA bus driver with their driver package... Unzip the package and look for a file named kb835221.exe or kb888111.exe. If it isn't included, the update can be downloaded from various locations; *here* for instance.

nitroshift

nitroshift

Beware of programmers with screwdrivers!

• Super Moderator
  • 2,904 posts
On the cd that camew with your mobo, look for a folder called MSHQDFE (or something :wacko: ) and run the setup in there. After that run the setup package for the audio driver.

Please read the rules, folks!

boooggy

boooggy

MSFN Master

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,332 posts
ipsi look here after my posts...: http://www.msfn.org/...showtopic=81973
i did the same procedure for an asus and it worked fine.

Guest_coloradoreal_*

Guest_coloradoreal_*
  • Guests
Original content location: HDA audio bus driver is required and not found SOLVED (from hubpages.com).

Please try this scheme it's was helpful for me

* Step 1

Go to Start > Run and type Regedit

* Step 2

This will open up Windows Registry Editor. Next, follow the location of the key below by navigation through the little [+] signs you see next to the folders.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Windows\CDSVersion

* Step 3

Change the value of the CSDVersion Dword and give it the value 200.

* Step 4

Try to install your driver again, you should not get the error this time. Once installed, restart your computer and resotre the registry key back to 300.

Note: The 300 refers to the service pack you are running. In this example we fooled windows into thinking we had service pack 2, although we are actually running service pack 3!

Once you have restarted your machine you should have a fully working sound driver!

Its that easy...if you have any more questions, please leave a comment and I will get back to you asap.

NOTE: While we do not have a specific rule about this, if you are making a post using information copied from another website, make sure you word your post accordingly. With this as an example, please provide the URL the information came from so that you do not make it appear that you are the person who wrote it. ~~~~Tripredacus

g-force

g-force

Tester

• PipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Its that easy...if you have any more questions, please leave a comment and I will get back to you asap.

I don`t think he will do - after 38 months he should have fixed it... :whistle:

But thanks for your solution, it will help anybody anyway. ;)

g-force @ Win-Lite.de
Make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders,
do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP.
Please report when you have a solution, so others can benefit.

fcltech

fcltech
  • 1 posts
This error can be caused by a BIOS option. Check your BIOS for any audio options and be sure that they are set to "on" or "enabled". It is also good practice to have the latest revision of your BIOS so check your manufacturers website for updates. After enabling the audio options in your BIOS, try installing the audio drivers once more.

dudes4real

dudes4real
  • 1 posts

Original content location: HDA audio bus driver is required and not found SOLVED (from hubpages.com).

Please try this scheme it's was helpful for me

* Step 1

Go to Start > Run and type Regedit

* Step 2

This will open up Windows Registry Editor. Next, follow the location of the key below by navigation through the little [+] signs you see next to the folders.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Windows\CDSVersion

* Step 3

Change the value of the CSDVersion Dword and give it the value 200.

* Step 4

Try to install your driver again, you should not get the error this time. Once installed, restart your computer and resotre the registry key back to 300.

Note: The 300 refers to the service pack you are running. In this example we fooled windows into thinking we had service pack 2, although we are actually running service pack 3!

Once you have restarted your machine you should have a fully working sound driver!

I signed up just to respond to this post, because it saved me A LOT of trouble. After trying for hours to solve this problem, I followed these steps, and it WORKED!!! Maybe the reply came too late to help the original poster, but it helped me, and I want others who are having this trouble to know that it works, and to go ahead and do it.

Thanks a million, Coloradoreal! :thumbup

richardmacarthy

richardmacarthy
  • 1 posts
I'm glad I could be of assistance. I wrote this article, the original address of the article can be found here.

http://hubpages.com/...ution-Sound-Max

Thanks for taking time to try it out, and Im glad it worked for 2 of you.

Sp0iLedBrAt

Sp0iLedBrAt

MSFN Addict

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 1,727 posts

It is a bit strange you would have problems with SP3, as HDAud.sys is included in the SP.

Edited by Sp0iLedBrAt, 24 March 2010 - 08:13 AM.

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,672 posts

Donator

Ooops old nLite topic floating around?

:hello:
MSFN RULES | GimageX HTA for PE 3.x | lol probloms
msfn2_zpsc37c7153.jpg

Jambop

Jambop
  • 1 posts

Im glad I could be of assistance. I wrote this article, the original address of the article can be found here.

http://hubpages.com/...ution-Sound-Max

Thanks for taking time to try it out, and Im glad it worked for 2 of you.

Thanks Richard- that solved a problem that was bugging me for ages- even bought a pci audio card as could not fix it. You are a LEGEND!

Jambo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN