HDA audio bus driver not found

Ipsi

I just built up an Asus M2N SLI deluxe mobo with an AMD Athlon 64 X2 and installed WinXP pro SP2. When installing the SoundMax audio driver from the Asus support CD I get "the HDA audio bus driver is required and not found." I went to the Asus site and downloaded the latest audio driver and still get the same error. I have read elsewhere that I need to first install Microsofts Universal Audio Architecture, but Windows Update will not allow downloads from Firefox, and I am running an nLite version of XP pro that has Explorer removed.

Any help would be great,

Psi

I'd be surprised if Asus didn't include the HDA bus driver with their driver package... Unzip the package and look for a file named kb835221.exe or kb888111.exe. If it isn't included, the update can be downloaded from various locations; *here* for instance.

• 3 years later...
Guest coloradoreal

Original content location: HDA audio bus driver is required and not found SOLVED (from hubpages.com).

Please try this scheme it's was helpful for me

* Step 1

Go to Start > Run and type Regedit

* Step 2

This will open up Windows Registry Editor. Next, follow the location of the key below by navigation through the little [+] signs you see next to the folders.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Windows\CDSVersion

* Step 3

Change the value of the CSDVersion Dword and give it the value 200.

* Step 4

Try to install your driver again, you should not get the error this time. Once installed, restart your computer and resotre the registry key back to 300.

Note: The 300 refers to the service pack you are running. In this example we fooled windows into thinking we had service pack 2, although we are actually running service pack 3!

Once you have restarted your machine you should have a fully working sound driver!

Its that easy...if you have any more questions, please leave a comment and I will get back to you asap.

NOTE: While we do not have a specific rule about this, if you are making a post using information copied from another website, make sure you word your post accordingly. With this as an example, please provide the URL the information came from so that you do not make it appear that you are the person who wrote it. ~~~~Tripredacus

Its that easy...if you have any more questions, please leave a comment and I will get back to you asap.

I don`t think he will do - after 38 months he should have fixed it... :whistle:

But thanks for your solution, it will help anybody anyway. ;)

• 1 month later...

This error can be caused by a BIOS option. Check your BIOS for any audio options and be sure that they are set to "on" or "enabled". It is also good practice to have the latest revision of your BIOS so check your manufacturers website for updates. After enabling the audio options in your BIOS, try installing the audio drivers once more.

• 1 month later...
Original content location: HDA audio bus driver is required and not found SOLVED (from hubpages.com).

Please try this scheme it's was helpful for me

* Step 1

Go to Start > Run and type Regedit

* Step 2

This will open up Windows Registry Editor. Next, follow the location of the key below by navigation through the little [+] signs you see next to the folders.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Windows\CDSVersion

* Step 3

Change the value of the CSDVersion Dword and give it the value 200.

* Step 4

Try to install your driver again, you should not get the error this time. Once installed, restart your computer and resotre the registry key back to 300.

Note: The 300 refers to the service pack you are running. In this example we fooled windows into thinking we had service pack 2, although we are actually running service pack 3!

Once you have restarted your machine you should have a fully working sound driver!

I signed up just to respond to this post, because it saved me A LOT of trouble. After trying for hours to solve this problem, I followed these steps, and it WORKED!!! Maybe the reply came too late to help the original poster, but it helped me, and I want others who are having this trouble to know that it works, and to go ahead and do it.

Thanks a million, Coloradoreal! :thumbup

• 3 weeks later...

It is a bit strange you would have problems with SP3, as HDAud.sys is included in the SP.

Edited by Sp0iLedBrAt

Im glad I could be of assistance. I wrote this article, the original address of the article can be found here.

http://hubpages.com/hub/SoundMax-HDA-Audio-bus-driver-is-required-and-not-found-Problem-Error-Fix-Resolution-Sound-Max

Thanks for taking time to try it out, and Im glad it worked for 2 of you.

Thanks Richard- that solved a problem that was bugging me for ages- even bought a pci audio card as could not fix it. You are a LEGEND!

Jambo