Sharing

earthsfate

The password are the account passwords. So you'd setup the passwords on the accounts just like in XP. If you don't know where that is it's on the control panel under users. You can manage the users and there passwords from there.

As for the "what if there isn't a password" question. Well there has to be a password in order to share, if you've setup an account with no password then it can't be used for sharing.

If you want to make things easy on yourself you can simply make an account on the vista PC which is exactly the same as an account on the other PC (same username and password). If you do that then it won't prompt for a password ever (if you are logged into the PC's with that account).

Just open the start menu and type "network center" You'll then see it on the list. The option to adjust the password settings is on that screen. After he said that, that's all I did to find it. Took a few seconds to find out I was wrong about password settings. :)

same problem.. couldnt share something to a friend.. there's no way to share it for the whole network (hundreds of users..) i cant create an account for everyone.. that sucks..

another alternative to just turning off the password, just create an account that has read access to that folder, make up a username and password that will be easy to give out