Pause Job in Print Queue Automatically?

mojoxp

Here's the scenario:

I have a lab of computers that all need to print. They all print to the same print queue hosted on a Windows Server 2003 box, which is deployed through Group Policy.

The issue is that they need to pause the print job in the queue until they are ready to actually print it out, at which point they will walk over to the print station, choose their job, and then hit print.

I've got everything all setup, except that I can't get the jobs to automatically pause in the queue... they either go straight through or fail. And I if i just pause the whole queue, then no jobs go through, paused or not.

So is there any way to have the job automatically pause itself in the spool queue until the user un-pauses it?

• 8 months later...

Here's the scenario:

I have a lab of computers that all need to print. They all print to the same print queue hosted on a Windows Server 2003 box, which is deployed through Group Policy.

The issue is that they need to pause the print job in the queue until they are ready to actually print it out, at which point they will walk over to the print station, choose their job, and then hit print.

I've got everything all setup, except that I can't get the jobs to automatically pause in the queue... they either go straight through or fail. And I if i just pause the whole queue, then no jobs go through, paused or not.

So is there any way to have the job automatically pause itself in the spool queue until the user un-pauses it?

I'm looking for the same kind of solution. Does anyone know ?