Unofficial Cumulative SP 5.02.2195.17 for Microsoft(R) Windows(R) 2000

rcll

Was there a release on Aug 11?

It is 5.02 not 5.1 though, why is that?

At the page http://www.war59312.com/win2ksp5.php it says

USP 5.02 :

Unofficial Cumulative SP 5.02.2195.17 for Microsoft® Windows® 2000 - FINAL (Latest Release - August, 11 2006 - 227.71 MB)

CRC32: F37AB77F MD5: dacbe6c16f9d654fa9d50729263dc759

So we just need to dl August and Sept hotfixes with this SP5.02.2195.17?

Hi,

For version info please see:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=58588

Yes it is a 5.0x release not a 5.1 release. That's why. It's just the latest release in the 5.0x series. The topic abover clearly states what the difference is.

Any how yes it was released on August 11th, 2006. I have not personally had the time to test it. But I am sure your right in your statement about the august and sept. hotfixes only being needed. Perhaps someone could please confirm?

Take Care,

Will

Really, cause I just downloaded the whole thing in FF to make sure there is not a problem. Downloaded fine for me at over 1MBps.

If you got a place I can upload (ftp only) I will be glad to help you out by doing so...

Edited by war59312

Thank you for replay.

I'm not saying it's slow. The file downloads fast enough. But it downloads only as a corrupted file (the biggest one was about 185MB out of 227MB).

I tryed so far:

- Opera v8.54 - it usually crashes when downloading;

- IE5.5 - it dowloads only about 185MB at most;

- Firefox (tried about 4 times) - it downloads only about 170MB at most.

If you got a place I can upload (ftp only) I will be glad to help you out by doing so...
Will the ftp access to my website account be fine for this?

Why you don't share the files in eDonkey net? Please don't get me wrong, I'm greatefull for what are you doing now and it's fine if there is some policy about it. But if you want I can share it from one of my computers (usually is up 24/7 except for some reasons).

Hi,

I can download the entire files fine and never currupted.

Just tested again to be sure. Downloaded fine every time with:

IE 6.0 SP2

Fire Fox 1.5.0.7

Opera 9.02

Might try upgrading software? What OS too?

Not sure what the issue is and no else as has notified me of such.

Any how, yes that would be fine. Just please pm me account details and I will upload asap.

I dont use P2P programs for starters and my computer is not online 24/7 and when it is I normally have to have it capped to 13kbps. So that would be a pretty slow download.

But of course feel free to share the file how ever you like. Same goes for bittorrent, if your or anyone else can host it or have a place to use as a tracker go right ahead. That would be great.

Again, I am sorry for all the trouble your having.

Take Care,

Will

Edited by war59312

I tried downloading the file by IE on Windows 2003 (Chinese Simplified). No-go again :(

The speed is quite fast: about 91KB/s. But IE can't recognize the size of the file and stops downloading (says like it downloaded it all) at about 170MB.

war59312

Have you received my PM? If the information I provided is not enough just let me know and I try to get some more answers.

Edited by kitaec

Hey,

Yeah lol, not sure why I asked what OS.

Very strange! Do you happen to be behind a proxy of some sort?

Use any Internet filtering software? Firewall and antivirus?

Will check it out when I have time.

Though for now I am uploading the requested file to you. :)

Take Care,

Will

Hi :hello:

I use DSL connection without a proxy. But there is probably some kind of general proxy - I'm from China and our ISPs may have such restrictions for some websites and foreign traffic :realmad: I think there could be the reason for my failures.

We don't use antivirus as we restore systems automatically with imaging software every second day :yes:

I tried downloading the file on my computer with firewall and on two different computers without it.

Regards,

Ao

Hello. I've had the exact same issue. I tried to download the file for like six times with different methods taken each time, all in vain. However, after the above link is posted, we celebrate here too :-) Thanks!

Edited by otetz