OEMScan - Automated Multi Manufacture Pre-Activation Utility

the key isnt what changes the distro btw home and pro. They're different disks.

afiak you'd still have to use a home cd to install home and a pro to install pro. if you're wanting to do both, you should look into Powerpacker made by siginet.

I dont see a problem why this couldn't... tweak the changekey.vbs or alike so it checks what kind of install it is home, pro or mce and specify which key to use...

doesn't sound to hard to acomplish

Edited by FreeStyler

the key isnt what changes the distro btw home and pro. They're different disks.

afiak you'd still have to use a home cd to install home and a pro to install pro. if you're wanting to do both, you should look into Powerpacker made by siginet.

I am very aware of this, the reason for my asking is that I use the same update packs, drivers, and addin software for both my Home & Pro distro's... and it would be nice to not have to modify the keys and software every time I want to compile a different vesion. So, basicly if I would type in all the keys for Home and All the keys for Pro... and it would detect that is one or the other, and use the appropriate key.

i see where you're going, i guess

i have 2 .vbs files.

1 for changing the key to a string found in a file. ie:

changekey.vbs "..\dell\serial.txt"

2 is for prompting for a new key. This is the case for a NON-Royaltiy oem sticker:

promptkey.vbs

for changekey, i guess i could have the script try more than 1 key for each file. That would be alot easier than checking for home/pro, then using that key. it would be easier to try them both. if one fails (if you try to use a home key for pro it WILL fail) then use the other

so your dell\serial.txt would just look like this:

123ab-123ab-123ab-123ab-123ab 'DELL XP Home Key

123bc-123bc-123bc-123bc-123bc 'DELL XP Pro Key

it wouldnt have to prompt you at all. just quietly use whichever one works

good enough?

Edited by TheUni

it wouldnt have to prompt you at all. just quietly use whichever one works

good enough?

Yeah, as long as it works... but I have seen some key-changers that allow you to type anything (after windows is installed) and it will change it to an invalid key, but windows complains after the fact. that is the only thing that I am concirned about.

But if it works, it works. Sounds good to me :)

Maybe after the scripts are complete, could you be so kind as to share the wealth? ;)

Thanks

>So, basicly if I would type in all the keys for Home and All the keys for Pro... and it would detect that is one or the other, and use the appropriate key

To install home & pro from the same disk, wouldn't you just use CDShell like everyone else? With two separate folders, there's nothing to detect. The Pro keys would live in the pro folder and the home keys would live in the home folder.

Seems to me the optimal way to produce the disk is to have CDShell test the BIOS and tell the user that the system isn't supported, instant confirmation, or continue installing the user's selected Windows. Half way through, a custom QFE, the same for all Windows, tests the BIOS again and updates the OEMBIOS set and another QFE, different for each Windows, changes the key. The key needs to be updated before the first logon before it is written to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\WPA\KEY-* where it is hard to delete.

>So, basicly if I would type in all the keys for Home and All the keys for Pro... and it would detect that is one or the other, and use the appropriate key

To install home & pro from the same disk, wouldn't you just use CDShell like everyone else? With two separate folders, there's nothing to detect. The Pro keys would live in the pro folder and the home keys would live in the home folder.

Seems like some ppl are missing my point...

I dont want 2 seperate scripts for when I compile my CD's. All the rest of the files that I use are universal... aka RyanVM Updates, BTS Driverpacks and can be used with Home AND Pro... why not the key script? I would rather have 1 big code to do so, rather than a seperate code for each version of windows... make sense to me, and would make it easier IMO

Edited by discountpc

Hey xehqter...

Do you mind if I post some Integrator addons on my forum using your oemscan tool? It will make it much easier for people to use your tool. :) I think oemscan has pretty much made my tool, ("The OEM ACT") obsolete. Honestly I think oemscan is pretty much perfect the way it is now. :)

@discountpc I think the script TheUni is making will be exactly what you want. ;) At least that is what it sounds like to me.

Edited by Siginet

@discountpc I think the script TheUni is making will be exactly what you want. ;) At least that is what it sounds like to me.
I think so too, I just wanted to clarify for the people that didn't understand what I was requesting.

:) Thanks :)

With xehqter's permission I created some OEMScan Integrator addons for the members here.

http://siginet.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=61

Enjoy! And please help by shareing some more OEMScan Addons by studying how I made these. They are very simple to create.

Siginet, I've been too busy and away from the forum for awhile and noticed the updates and this very useful tool as I, like you, reinstall hundreds of Dell, HP, Compaq etc etc machines and hate that **** phone call.... :realmad: anyway i went to your site via this link and saw a list but they all just download Dell, was that intentional... ?

Edited by Ghostrider

Haven't had much time to play around with these scripts lately, so i figured i'd let you guys take a look. Still haven't tried them in a pre-boot environment, so i can't guarantee they'll work. Anyway, see my previous posts to see what they (hopefully) do.

Btw, there's hardly any error checking. Feel free to add some simple checks if you see fit. Also, i have not messed around with taking more than one key, or differentiating btw home and pro, so feel free to give that a shot as well.

Most of the code for changing the key was taken directly from an MS script.

Usage

For ChangeKey.vbs:

Cscript changekey.vbs filepath\serial.txt

--Serial.txt should contain 1 line containing the serial number. w/ dashes or w/o. doesnt matter.

For PromptKey.vbs:

Cscript promptkey.vbs abc12-abc12-abc12-abc12-abc12

--obviously the argument here is your desired key. This is only needed for an OEM install that is NOT a royalty version. This makes it so that you don't have to create a seperate disk.

Please let me know if this works or not. If so, maybe i can find some more time to add some functionality.

ChangeKey.zip

I have read most of the posts relating to Pre-Activation but i wanted to get something straight as i'm not clear on it.... i create multiboot cd's of OEM home + Pro and Retail Home and Pro and also a DVD. I use the integrator and powerpacker linked with batch scripts with some extra copy/remove commands, the whole process creates the Cd's and DVD as iso's and takes all day...

My question is whether the addons will work in a multiboot environ' (OEM Only) and are all the oembios files required thereby adding 100mb to the cd (doesn't matter about the DVD, plenty of room)