Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

OEMScan - Automated Multi Manufacture Pre-Activation Utility

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
353 replies to this topic

Protocol7

Protocol7

• 31 posts
  • Joined 17-December 06
Out of curiosity, how many 2003 oembios sets are there? And do any of the sets on oembios.net work for 2003?

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Bezalel

Bezalel

• PipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • Joined 11-October 05

Out of curiosity, how many 2003 oembios sets are there? And do any of the sets on oembios.net work for 2003?

None of the XP filesets will work for 2003. So far I have Dell HP/Q IBM and NEC.

ZaForD

ZaForD

• PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Joined 05-May 06
Hi Bezalel,

Can you add the IBM set to your site?
I've got an old IBM Netfinity 5100 here I use for testing SBS and AD stuff on.
It would be nice to have a fully unattended DVD for that. B)

Posted Image
-------------- Posted Image --------------

Protocol7

Protocol7

• 31 posts
  • Joined 17-December 06
Actually, I'd be interested in the Dell and HP ones too. Any chance of a 2003 section on oembios.net?

ZaForD

ZaForD

• PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Joined 05-May 06
Any chance someone could confirm the hashes of these file sets for me.
The HP seems fine, but the Dell fails when tested on a Dimension 5150.

HP = CC6CB12C
Dell = C20D8FF5

Do Dell servers use the same SLPBIOS string as their desktops?

Thanks Guys.

Posted Image

Bezalel

Bezalel

• PipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • Joined 11-October 05

Any chance someone could confirm the hashes of these file sets for me.
The HP seems fine, but the Dell fails when tested on a Dimension 5150.

HP = CC6CB12C
Dell = C20D8FF5

Do Dell servers use the same SLPBIOS string as their desktops?

Thanks Guys.

There is a newer HP set (D107C3EA) but I'm not sure why.
Dell uses different ranges for 2003 but I haven't had any problems installing on any of their desktops.

ZaForD

ZaForD

• PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Joined 05-May 06

Dell uses different ranges for 2003 but I haven't had any problems installing on any of their desktops.

I've tried Win2K3 on 2x Dimensions and 1x Optiplex all failed. I believe they all have Dell Inc as their Bios string.
But it did work on any old Dell T500 which uses Dell System. :blink:

Posted Image

FreeStyler

FreeStyler

• PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Joined 07-June 06

There is a newer HP set (D107C3EA) but I'm not sure why.

The HP (D107C3EA) is included with the R2 releases, it has additional "strings" that pre-activate the software on Microsoft Virtual PC & Virtual Server (I don't know if VMware has any of these strings)
Posted Image

uid0

uid0

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • Joined 12-June 06
Vmware has
smbios.reflecthost = "true"

Bezalel

Bezalel

• PipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • Joined 11-October 05

Vmware has

smbios.reflecthost = "true"

All that does is copy all instances of table type 1 from the host's SMBIOS tables to the guest's SMBIOS tables. SLP does not nessasarily depend on the SMBIOS tables.

FreeStyler

FreeStyler

• PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Joined 07-June 06
xehqter, i don't know if this is by design or if it's a small bug in oemscan, whenever i try to use oemscan on a system that already has all vendor specific oembios files in it's destionation folders it fails to replace the files in ./System32/DllCache

I discovered this when using Virtual PC, after patching the Virtual PC bios to another vendors SLP string, the 2nd time oemscan is run to copy matched Oembios files it fails to replace the oembios files in dllcache, whenever i remove them manually and replace thm afterwards everything is ok.
Posted Image

TwoJ

TwoJ

Junior

• Pip
  • 51 posts
  • Joined 01-March 05
xehqter, i was wondering if you could modify oemscan so that it takes the path of the ini file as an argument?

I am trying to integrate oem scan into a multiboot dvd but the main problem i am running into is that oemscan expects the ini file within the same location.
If the path could be added as an argument then the calling function could apply a specific ini for the specific OS

BTW are there any arguments that can be used with oemscan?

kd6aaj

kd6aaj

• 26 posts
  • Joined 22-March 07
Still can't get it to work. I always have to wait for T-13 and use SHIFT-F10 to pull up the command prompt.

Then I switch to the CDROM, cd to the "OEM" folder, then run OEMScan.exe manualy.

Here are my files (edited to hide actual product keys): (since I seem to not have any options to enter code, I added the ------- lines to show beginning, and >>>> for the end of a file.)

WINNT.SIF
----------------------
[Data]
AutoPartition=0
MSDosInitiated=0
UnattendedInstall="Yes"
AutomaticUpdates=yes

[Unattended]
UnattendMode=Full
OemSkipEula=Yes
OemPreinstall=No
TargetPath = \WINDOWS
Filesystem = *
UnattendSwitch="yes"
KeyboardLayout="US"
Hibernation = No

[GuiUnattended]
;DetachedProgram=".\system32\cmd.exe"
TimeZone = 04
AdminPassword = *
AutoLogon = Yes
AutoLogonCount = 1
OEMSkipRegional = 1
;OemSkipWelcome MUST = zero if OemPreinstall=No or this will halt the OEM process!
OemSkipWelcome = 0

[UserData]
;FullName="Insert Name"
;OrgName="Insert Organisation Name"
ComputerName=*
ProductKey="XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-3R2BW"

;[TapiLocation]
;CountryCode=
;AreaCode=707
;Dialing=Tone

[Networking]
InstallDefaultComponents=Yes

[GuiRunOnce]

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

partial SVCPACK.INF (I have the "SVCPACK.IN_" file in the i386 directory), this list just shows the structure, I removed the majority of KB files from this list to save space.
----------------------------------
[Version]
Signature="$WINDOWS NT$"
BuildNumber=2600
MinorVersion=1
MajorVersion=5

[SetupData]
CatalogSubDir="\I386\svcpack"

[ProductCatalogsToInstall]
KB935839.cat
KB935840.cat
KB936357.cat

[SetupHotfixesToRun]
OEMSCAN.BAT
RUNONCE.CMD
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

OEMSCAN.BAT (located in "SVCPACK" folder)
-----------------------------------------------------
@ECHO OFF
for %%i in (C: D: E: F: G: H: I: J: K: L: M: N: O: P: Q: R: S: T: U: V: W: X: Y: Z:) do if exist %%i\WIN51 set CDROM=%%i

%CDROM%\OEM\OEMSCAN.EXE > "%SystemRoot%\Temp\oemscan.log"

DetachedProgram=".\system32\cmd.exe"
Arguments = "/Q /C FOR /F %? IN ('%SYSTEMROOT%\SYSTEM32\MOUNTVOL.EXE^|FINDSTR :\') DO IF EXIST %?WIN51 START %?SETUP\HOME\$OEM$\OEMSCAN.EXE"
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

RUNONCE.CMD (located in "SVCPACK" folder)
-----------------------------------------------------
@ECHO OFF
for %%i in (C: D: E: F: G: H: I: J: K: L: M: N: O: P: Q: R: S: T: U: V: W: X: Y: Z:) do if exist %%i\WIN51 set CDROM=%%i

REGEDIT /s %CDROM\RUNONCE\NOTEPAD.REG
REGEDIT /s %CDROM\RUNONCE\OPENWITH.REG
REGEDIT /s %CDROM\RUNONCE\SHOWALL.REG
REGEDIT /s %CDROM\RUNONCE\SHOWNPD.REG
REGEDIT /s %CDROM\RUNONCE\TWEAKS.REG

exit
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

kd6aaj

kd6aaj

• 26 posts
  • Joined 22-March 07
Continued from previous post:

partial OEMSCAN.INI (product keys only hidden for this post)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; OEMScan v1.4.1 by Jeremy (xehqter)
;
; Windows XP Professional OEMSCAN.INI
;

;
; Gateway / eMachines OEMBIOS Files CRC32 = C86378C7 & A04597C6
; SLP = Gateway,EMACHINES
;
; CRC32= A04597C6
[GAT]
PATH=".\Ema_Gate\A04597C6"
RANGE="0x000F32F0:20, 0x000F3110:20"
CMD="SetKey XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-6X6WD"

; CRC32 = C86378C7
[Gateway]
PATH=".\Ema_Gate\C86378C7"
CMD="SetKey XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-6X6WD"

; CRC32 = C86378C7
[EMACHINES]
PATH=".\Ema_Gate\C86378C7"
CMD="SetKey XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-3R2BW"
CMD=".\Ema_Gate\C86378C7\OEMCOPY.CMD"

;
; HP / Compaq OEMBIOS Files CRC32 = 06D652A4, CD4E1902
; SLP = Compaq, Hewlett, HP Pavilion
;
;CRC32 = CD4E1902
[Compaq]
PATH=".\HPQ\CD4E1902"
CMD="SetKey XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-3PMFT"

;CRC32 = CD4E1902
[Hewlett]
PATH=".\HPQ\CD4E1902"

;CRC32 = 06D652A4
[HP PAVILION]
PATH=".\HPQ\06D652A4"

[HP Pavilion]
PATH=".\HPQ\06D652A4"

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

other files in the "SVCPACK" folder:

setkey.exe

The "OEMCOPY.CMD" folder is located in the respective CRC folders,
and copies OEM logos, etc.

Here is a sample OEMCOPY.CMD that I use and it works (as far as I can tell)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
copy oemlogo.bmp %SystemRoot%\System32\
copy oeminfo.ini %SystemRoot%\System32\
copy oobeinfo.ini %SystemRoot%\system32\oobe\
copy oemeula.txt %SystemRoot%\System32\oobe\
copy OEMLOGO.JPG %SystemRoot%\system32\oobe\images
copy Oemcoa.jpg %SystemRoot%\I386\
copy emachines_32.bmp %SystemRoot%\
copy emachines.bmp %SystemRoot%\Web\Wallpaper\
copy "eMachines Sites" "%SYSTEMDRIVE%\Documents and Settings\Default User\Favorites\"
copy "eMachines Sites" "%SYSTEMDRIVE%\Documents and Settings\Owner\Favorites\"
copy emachines.theme %SystemRoot%\Resources\Themes\

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Now, If only I could figure out why OEMScan won't work automaticly, and I have to use SHIFT-F10 to run it from a command prompt at T-13.

By the way, my CDROM is D:\

ZaForD

ZaForD

• PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Joined 05-May 06
Hi kd6aaj,

Your setup is far more complex than mine, [which won't help when trying to find the problem]
but i'll try and help out. ;)

1. Are your 'OEMSCAN.*' files actually in the 'OEM' folder?
I was putting them in my '$OEM$' folder at first. :blushing:

2. Does your setup work on systems other than 'E-Machines' ?
I've never managed to get the OEMSCAN.INI to work with 'TWO' cmd lines.
Try just stopping your 'OEMCOPY.CMD' to see if it works.

Good Luck.

Posted Image

kd6aaj

kd6aaj

• 26 posts
  • Joined 22-March 07
I've tried it with just one manufacturer, and no oemcopy. The folder is "OEM" in the root of my CDROM.

My specific problem is that When OEMSCAN.EXE is called, Windows can't find the CDROM Drive (or the "OEM" folder), so OEMSCAN.EXE is not found, even though setup knows where the drive is.

It has to do with the "setcdrom" statement. I haven't figured it out yet. And I've tried plenty, resulting in about 20+ coasters.

I only use CDR's because my burner hates CDRW's.

Also, I decided to start over from scratch with the Gateway CDROM I just slipstreamed to SP2, but there is no "SVCPACK" folder since I have not added any hotfixes with RyanVM.

Does anyone have the correct working version of this? this is what I have right now. I need it fixed, with no hiding programs, just the drive discovery.

@ECHO OFF

%CDROM%\OEM\OEMSCAN.EXE > "%SystemRoot%\Temp\oemscan.log"

kenlau

kenlau

Junior

• Pip
  • 72 posts
  • Joined 14-October 03
I don't know if this thread is still active.

Anyway, I been trying to use oemscan on Windows XP x64. Oemscan runs, detect the right set of oembios files to copy but fail to copy. I use the cmd line to invoke a cmd file called oemcopy.cmd that basically re-try to copy the oembios files to the system32 directory, but that also fails. I did manage to copy the oembios files to both syswow64 and dllcache directories, but that does not activate windows.

Oemscan however, have no problems importing the oembios.cat file.

If I copy the oembios files manually using windows explorer to the system32 folder, windows will activate.

I am already logged on as administrator, and tried to run oemscan as a detachedprogram and from runonceex. It runs and imports the.cat file everytime but not the others.

I even removed the oembios files (sig, dat and bin) from the installation Cd and removed all mentions from the txtsetup.sif and dosnet.inf files.

Am I missing something obvious here? Any help will be much appreciated.

UPDATE

I think I found the reason why oemscan is not copying the files to system32 folder. Basically, the x64 windows is redirecting all files to the system32 folder to the syswow64 -x64 equivalent folder instead. That will not activate windows.

Strangely enough, all attempts to copy to the %systemroot%/system32 using cmd will also end up in the syswow64 folder.

I think I solve the problem by adding an AutoIT executable that will run from the cmd line in the oemscan.ini file to copy the files to the right folder instead.

I think there should be a version 1.4.2 to solve this error for us hapless x64 users, me in particular. :whistle:

Edited by kenlau, 26 April 2008 - 10:45 AM.

ZaForD

ZaForD

• PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Joined 05-May 06
Hi kenlau,

I don't think this topic is dead, but theres not really anywhere else to go with it.
64bit XP isn't really an option as so few people use it, and those with the skills to get the most out of a 64bit OS will probably be using Linux or Vista. :blink:

But, there is a 'sister' project on the forums over at Signet Software.
I was over there last week and think i saw something about 64bit OEMBIOS files. ;)

Posted Image

kenlau

kenlau

Junior

• Pip
  • 72 posts
  • Joined 14-October 03
Hi ZaForD,

In my opinion, x64 offers much better speed and stability than x86, plus the simple fact that I plan to skip Vista entirely. I just cannot see myself using Vista. As far as OS for new machines are concerned, XP x64 is one of the better kept secrets.

I already looked through Signet Software, Basically I scoured both MSFN and Signet for clues to why my oemscan do not work. I know someone in Signet reported that they got x64 to activate, but leave no details on how it was done.

In any case, I got it working by calling an AutoIt exe file from oemscan.ini that copy the proper oembios files across, bypassing the x64 redirection. It is just an extra step, and not a big deal really. If the author is going to come up with a new revision, I just hope he keep in mind this bug.

Thanks

ZaForD

ZaForD

• PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Joined 05-May 06
Hi kenlau,

I won't go into the x86 vs. x64 thing, as it would take the thread way of track. :yes:

I'm sorry the link wasn't much help, I was looking for something else at the time and just noticed it.

Seems you've found a work round, could you post the details ?
I sure it would help some others that are using x64.

Posted Image

kenlau

kenlau

Junior

• Pip
  • 72 posts
  • Joined 14-October 03
Here goes nothing.

Basically, when OEMScan runs, it will copy the matching oembios files to the system32 folder according to the matching slp in the bios. However, when this is done of XP x64, Windows quietly redirects the oembios files to x64-equivalent folder which is syswow64. When this happens, the pre-activation does not occur.

The next alternative is for the oemscan.ini file to call a cmd file to copy the files again to the system32 folder, i.e.,

copy oembios.bin %systemroot\system32 /y

Bugger it all, would you know it, Windows still redirects the files to the syswow64 folder. However, if you copy the files using Windows Explorer, it will work. So will copying the files from an user opened command windows, which was a red herring, as it lead me to believe it was an user permission problem. That was a wasted 2 days I am never going to get back.

The neurons in my brain finally fired, and I remember AutoIT have a function that disable the redirection to the syswow64 folder. Below is the AutoIT script that is called from oemscan.ini.

DllCall("kernel32.dll", "int", "Wow64DisableWow64FsRedirection", "int", 1)
If FileExists 		( @ScriptDir & "\oembios.bin" ) Then
	FileCopy		( @ScriptDir & "\oembios.bin" , @WindowsDir & "\system32\Oembios.bin" , 1 )
	FileCopy		( @ScriptDir & "\oembios.dat" , @WindowsDir & "\system32\Oembios.dat" , 1 )
	FileCopy		( @ScriptDir & "\oembios.sig" , @WindowsDir & "\system32\Oembios.sig" , 1 )
	FileCopy		( @ScriptDir & "\oembios.bin" , @WindowsDir & "\system32\dllcache\Oembios.bin" , 1 )
	FileCopy		( @ScriptDir & "\oembios.dat" , @WindowsDir & "\system32\dllcache\Oembios.dat" , 1 )
	FileCopy		( @ScriptDir & "\oembios.sig" , @WindowsDir & "\system32\dllcache\Oembios.sig" , 1 )
	FileCopy		( @ScriptDir & "\OEMINFO.INI" , @WindowsDir & "\system32\OEMINFO.INI" , 1 )
	FileCopy		( @ScriptDir & "\OEMLOGO.BMP" , @WindowsDir & "\system32\OEMLOGO.BMP" , 1 )
	FileDelete		( @WindowsDir & "\syswow64\oembios.bin" )
	FileDelete		( @WindowsDir & "\syswow64\oembios.dat" )
	FileDelete		( @WindowsDir & "\syswow64\oembios.sig" )
	FileSetAttrib	( @WindowsDir & "\system32\Oembios.bin", "+S+R", 1)
	FileSetAttrib	( @WindowsDir & "\system32\Oembios.dat", "+S+R", 1)
	FileSetAttrib	( @WindowsDir & "\system32\Oembios.sig", "+S+R", 1)
EndIf

End of story. Now everything works.

sgufa

sgufa

• 10 posts
  • Joined 26-March 04
gone on siginet.com... trying to download addons but the page cannot be found. someone can point me to the right way to obtain those files?

Guest_elarifr_*

Guest_elarifr_*
  • Guests
  • Joined --
oembios targa crc d0f94e0d
This is preactivated with a royalty key beginning by CY77C-RP923-****-****-*****

1008 TARGA, 1008 TARGA is not ok for DMI on an other pc and i can not reinstall the pc i have in hand
Bios also include TARGASYS string in F000
MGADiag report <name>TARGA GmbH</name>

removed MGADIAG / DMI REPORT / slp key

TARGASYS is working SLP String

Attached Files

Edited by elarifr, 24 May 2008 - 02:19 AM.

FreeStyler

FreeStyler

• PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Joined 07-June 06
elarifr, it would be great if we could add your oembios file set to our collection

update
Set verified and working fine, tested on VPC

Targa (OEMBIOS CRC=D0F94E0D)
'F000','0000','FFFF','TARGASYS'

elarifr, thx :)

Edited by FreeStyler, 24 May 2008 - 04:52 AM.

Posted Image

mrd05d

mrd05d

• 23 posts
  • Joined 16-June 07
Ok Now that i looked at this for a little longer and read the oemscan instructions txt I have a few questions as well as offerings.

First the offerings:

I would like to mirror the oembios repository. I currently have 2000 gb to use on my web hosting server and a matched 2000 gb monthly transfer limit.
I think if the files were offered differently it would be much easier to understand start and finish this product. I would like to 7z the oembios files in the correct directory structure with the oemscan.ini that matches for all the oembios file sets that we have. This way you could download one 7z file extract to the oemscan folder and then just remove the things you don't want instead of having to manually add all the ones you do. Maybe also i could host some tutorials on how to implement oemscan in unattended AIO DVDs for Techs and such...

Second Questions:

Why are there oembios crossed off the repository? Also the torrent files are down i know that you cant distribute them through the forum but is there any other way to get them. Also Each set of oembios files has to go in a seperate folder right? So if there are two dell sets then the Folder structure would be Dell\set1\ and Dell\set2\

PM me with any suggestions or help...

Edited by mrd05d, 24 July 2008 - 11:46 PM.