Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

OEMScan - Automated Multi Manufacture Pre-Activation Utility

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
353 replies to this topic

gospeed

gospeed

• PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Joined 21-March 04
oops...posted before thinking

Edited by gospeed, 01 August 2008 - 07:12 PM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

xehqter

xehqter

Junior

• Pip
  • 87 posts
  • Joined 16-January 06
Yes, I'm still alive, sorry for being AFK for so long. It looks like there is still activity for this project so I thought I'd ask, any new Feature Requests or Bug Fixes needed?

Edited by xehqter, 24 September 2008 - 12:17 PM.

SSX4life

SSX4life

• 17 posts
  • Joined 29-October 06
I have my server on a 50MB connection seeding all the availble torrents over at oembios.net. I would however suggest that we make a RyanVM intergration of all packages to make life easier for the end user.

Anyone wanna take up the challenge with me? I know siginet started it but stopped after 3-4 of them.

*edit* the reason some are crossed off is due to a more compatible revision found for the oembios files. I would also like to see a .7z utility with intergrator as well. As far as mirroring them I'm also seeding them, but having this project be on sourceforge might make it a bit easier overall.

Edited by SSX4life, 25 September 2008 - 03:00 PM.

mrkorky

mrkorky
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 06-December 07
If someone could help me out with locating the oemscan addons for the integrator I would really appreciate it. The link for the older 1.4.1 are down and I could really use them for my work at a computer store. I think it would definately be helpful to others to have an addon, even if it didn't have the bios files in there and just a place to put them with the bios file name for simplicity sake. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

SSX4life

SSX4life

• 17 posts
  • Joined 29-October 06

Yes, I'm still alive, sorry for being AFK for so long. It looks like there is still activity for this project so I thought I'd ask, any new Feature Requests or Bug Fixes needed?

Some form of GUI that will allow you to select which packages you want to install and have them auto modify the I386\svcpack\XXX folder along with the D:\oem\oemscan.ini file accordingly. I know that autopatcher has something similar to this.

For example.

Run a standalone executable / .msi / etc.
Select which hardware you want supported in your windows install disk
Software then downloads off of one of our repositories hosted by the community (I'd volunteer)
Software then edits the oemscan.ini table + adds the corresponding folder to D:\I386\svcpack

This could be easily done outside of RyanVM intergrator but if we wanted to go the manual approach and add in these links for .7z's we could do that as well (anyone care to point me in the right direction on how to script those addons for intergrator?). I think that it would be much quicker to do it as I listed previously (same model setup as you would see from bashrat's driver pack creation tool perhaps?)

Just a few suggestions. As always I'm willing to host / seed files.

--ssx--

Edited by SSX4life, 26 September 2008 - 08:17 AM.

mr_smartepants

mr_smartepants

House vice-commander, shed CEO

• Pip
  • 90 posts
  • Joined 18-July 06

I would however suggest that we make a RyanVM intergration of all packages to make life easier for the end user.

I've already made an oemscan addon for use with RVMIntegrator using the excellent tools (oemscan/setkey) from xehqter/FreeStyler (you guys are awesome!).
It can be found here: http://siginetsoftwa...hread.php?t=272
It was designed for use with a single OS-type (XP Home, XP Pro, Server 2k3, etc) since it can't differentiate between Home/Pro/etc but can be tailored to multi-OS images. It runs oemscan/setkey at the T-39 stage of RIS/disc-based install.
Siginet has made his own addon here: http://siginetsoftwa...hread.php?t=276
His addon (beta) runs at the T-13 stage, but can load different keys based on OStype.

Edited by mr_smartepants, 08 November 2008 - 01:18 AM.

Posted Image
Some heroes don't wear capes, they wear Kevlar!
"There is no greater impotence in all the world like knowing you are right and that the wave of the world is wrong, yet the wave crashes upon you." -Norman Mailer, Armies Of The Night

mr_smartepants

mr_smartepants

• Pip
  • 90 posts
  • Joined 18-July 06
Just to update everyone (and bump this thread).
I've made significant changes to my addon which now supports both single-OS as well as multi-OS disc-based installs (should work in RIS, but I can't verify).
I'm also working on updating the addon based on the inspiration of SSX4life to copy over any OEM logos, info, or wallpaper files at the same time as activation.
Once finished, this one addon should encapsulate the intent of all the other OEMSCAN addons out there.
Link: http://siginetsoftwa...hread.php?t=272

It looks like there is still activity for this project so I thought I'd ask, any new Feature Requests or Bug Fixes needed?

How about documenting the available switches/commands/routines supported by OEMSCAN (exe & ini)? Please? :)

Edited by mr_smartepants, 18 January 2009 - 01:54 AM.

Posted Image
"There is no greater impotence in all the world like knowing you are right and that the wave of the world is wrong, yet the wave crashes upon you." -Norman Mailer, Armies Of The Night

mr_smartepants

mr_smartepants

• Pip
  • 90 posts
  • Joined 18-July 06
I updated my OEMSCAN addon to 1.8. It now copies the OEM logos as well.
http://siginetsoftwa...hread.php?t=541

Edited by mr_smartepants, 24 January 2009 - 12:55 AM.

Posted Image

CompInstaller

CompInstaller
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 10-April 09
xehqter,

Cool utility. I saw that you said you were going to open source this. Have you done this yet or could you provide the source code? I have been trying to write a program to query SLP info, and have been banging my head against the wall. I would be very interested how you do it.

Thank you in advance.

cworkman

cworkman

MadMan29729

• 39 posts
  • Joined 07-October 05
Could Someone Plz Explain To Me How To Get This Working?

I have The Following XP Pro CD's

Acer XP Pro SP2
Dell XP Pro SP2

How Do I Make Them Into 1 CD?

Do I Have To Take The Dell Files From The XP CD and Add them?

For Example! The PIDGen.dll, The SETUPP.ini?

Or Is The Files For Acer OEM The Same As On The Dell CD?

plz Reply ASAP!!! Thanks!!!!

ZaForD

ZaForD

• PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Joined 05-May 06
As per the reply to your same question on another thread.

For best results use a 'Hologrammed OEM' disk as the base.
Then add the filesets you need. :)

Posted Image
-------------- Posted Image --------------

mr_smartepants

mr_smartepants

• Pip
  • 90 posts
  • Joined 18-July 06

It looks like there is still activity for this project so I thought I'd ask, any new Feature Requests or Bug Fixes needed?

Yes. I have a bug report for you. :)
OEMSCAN has a tendency to match DRIVE MANUFACTURERS as well as system OEMs. So for example if you have a Toshiba notebook with an HP DVD drive and an IBM Hard drive, OEMSCAN would first match [HP] instead of [Toshiba]. Or [IBM] before [Toshiba].

Because the RANGE parameter varies between systems, the only way for us to temporarily cure this issue is to juggle the oemscan.ini entries to put the drive manufacturers last in the list, but we still sometimes have issues.
I'm working on a "manual over-ride" addition to my batch script addon to manually select the OEM and pass it to OEMSCAN.
I'd love for you to fix this bug. Or can you PM me so I can peek at the source code? Wasn't this project going open-source?
Also, still waiting for a listing of available switches/commands OEMSCAN will accept. We know that oemscan.exe /d results in a "dry-run", but oemscan.exe /? brings up nothing at all.
I can provide my batch file source to you upon request so you can see how it operates.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by mr_smartepants, 22 May 2009 - 05:16 AM.

Posted Image

TxPaul

TxPaul
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 06-December 09
I put this in the wrong forum earlier, I think. My apologies. Built an SLP disc and things seemed to be running well, but then I got the message "Error #5. OEM Logo Copy cannot continue. Could not find any OEM logo files in D:\OEM\Logos\is. Could not complete script." I have logos in the logos folder of the add-on tool. I've read the read me text, but I guess I'm just having a dumb moment. Am I supposed to add the logos somewhere besides the "logos" folder in the add-on? Right now I have nothing in either the themes or the walls folders, but there is a logo (bmp) for the manufacturer in the folder for each company. (In other words, inside the Logos folder I have 6 folders, one for each company I want included in my disc. When I open each of those folders, I see folders for walls and themes, an OEM ini file, an OEM.bmp file, and a read me.txt. This is the way the add-on downloaded. My CD rom is D:\. Should I put the bmp into the walls folder? I don't have any jpgs. Should I convert the bmps to jpgs? I'd appreciate any advice.

mr_smartepants

mr_smartepants

• Pip
  • 90 posts
  • Joined 18-July 06
If possible, may I request documenting the below oemscan commands:
[System_ID]
PATH=".\*\"
RANGE="?"
MATCHARG="?"
CMD="?"

The PATH command specifies where to copy the oembios filesets from. (IE: PATH="..\..\..\FILESETS\XP\A04597C6\")
The RANGE command specifies where oemscan needs to look in the BIOS. (IE: RANGE="0xF32F0:20,0xF3310:20")

Specifically I need to know what the "MATCHARG" command does.
Posted Image

mdkf

mdkf
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 26-July 10

Here is a scanner for those that install from single disks because they can't figure out how to produce a multi disk or are troubleshooting why their multi disks won't preactivate. It scans the BIOS and reports which OEMBIOS.CAT CRC's are expected to preactivate. It is a DOS program so you can identify what to install before installing.

Could you update this useful program so that it can detect string: 'emaxs' in the address range: 000F0000 - 000FFFFF
It's located at 000FE111 in my system but oembios.exe cannot detect it. Thanks.

Edited by mdkf, 26 July 2010 - 08:13 PM.

atolica

atolica

ENT Surgeon

• PipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Joined 15-December 05
Can anyone please upload OEMBIOS.CAT and the rest of the OEMBIOS files from a Windows Xp Home French SP3 cd/install?

I reinstalled the OS for a friend and forgot to backup the oembios files and now it won't activate. I installed the retail cd.

Thanks.

Bezalel

Bezalel

• PipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts
  • Joined 11-October 05

Can anyone please upload OEMBIOS.CAT and the rest of the OEMBIOS files from a Windows Xp Home French SP3 cd/install?

I reinstalled the OS for a friend and forgot to backup the oembios files and now it won't activate. I installed the retail cd.

Thanks.

What brand is this for?

Falkoner

Falkoner

• 12 posts
  • Joined 08-July 10
First of all, I really wanna thank you for this program, it's worked like a charm at my work :)

However, the reason I'm posting is because while I am having no issues with the program working, I am having issues with how large it is. At my work we use DVDs, so it's no problem, however, I also am helping out with a computer refurbishing class, and in there we only use CDs, and while I could fit it and a typical install onto a CD, I'm trying to add a bit more than that.

My dilemma is that I want to have SP3, DirectX, all the .Nets, and all the post-SP3 updates, plus LAN and Mass Storage drivers from DriverPacks.net, and at the same time keep your app on the disc, I have it all working on a DVD, and I've managed to get everything I want on a CD(with deleting LANG, CMPNENTS, etc.) and some space on the CD for OEMScan, but unfortunately, 200 MB, is a little high. I attempted to pull out the Logo files, figuring they weren't necessary for activation, but now I'm getting an error because they're missing, and on any Dell machines I've tried it on, the activation fails.

My question is: Is there any way to use OEM Scan, but remove all the logo files from it?

I'd really appreciate any help I can get on this, because I think a fully updated XP install with this that all fits on a single CD would be a great utility for most techs.

EDIT: Oh, as a side question, and I apologize if this has been answered before, but is there a way to run OEMScan as a standalone app, off a thumb drive, for example, and have it activate the machine post-install?

Edited by Falkoner, 27 September 2010 - 09:49 PM.

charles1

charles1
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 23-December 10
How to run oembios.exe when the small file closes instantly when open?

Edited by charles1, 25 December 2010 - 12:59 AM.

user_hidden

user_hidden

• 23 posts
  • Joined 22-February 08

How to run oembios.exe when the small file closes instantly when open?

open a cmd prompt window and run it.

charles1

charles1
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 23-December 10
I run oembios.exe in dos prompt window and it showed me nothing went back to the prompt. All computer has is the f10 command startup self made hp system restore disk and hard drive hp system restore partition for restore. Restores the computer to original install or partial. I not referring to the usual windows backup restore point date restore. The oobeinfo.ini shows a different product key then windows properties and the coa label is different also.

Like I said before I run oembios.exe in dos prompt window and it showed me nothing went back quickly to the prompt. I replace the Hewlett Packard motherboard with the same hp number hp5187-4913. I am able to run f10 restore the start of it but I don't want to experiment, not wanting to go to the software beginning or change what i presently have. The computer is working good I just want the available restore when computer crashes or dead hard drive. On my Medion computer it showed the slp crc number for that computer. 911medic what is .vbs ? What is needed if anything? :unsure:

Here is a scanner for those that install from single disks because they can't figure out how to produce a multi disk or are troubleshooting why their multi disks won't preactivate. It scans the BIOS and reports which OEMBIOS.CAT CRC's are expected to preactivate. It is a DOS program so you can identify what to install before installing.

Version 1.0/148/56 1/15/2007 (86 downloads)
Version 1.0/156/59 3/15/2007 (9 downloads)
Version 1.0/158/60 4/1/2007 (105 downloads)
Version 1.0/168/66 8/23/2007 (501 downloads)
Version 1.1/249/99 10/4/2009 (105 downloads)
Version 1.1/273/106 1/23/2010 (3 downloads, this version is perfectly acceptable but includes 4 unnecessary Evesham table entries)
Version 1.1/269/106 1/23/2010

Edited by charles1, 09 January 2011 - 02:10 AM.

charles1

charles1
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 23-December 10
I have a HP pavillion computer and I replaced the motherboard with the same board number and I think I have lost the oem slp. Is there just one oembios.cat to have for this computer? Is there more ways to verifly that slp is installed? Is installing the crc32=06d652a4 download onto hard drive all that is needed?

Edited by charles1, 12 January 2011 - 10:42 PM.

grabben

grabben

-Grabben

• PipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • Joined 20-December 09
Run the oembiostool and see which crc will activate your motherboard..

mechpanos

mechpanos
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 24-January 11
Hi, I was lost inside all these pages. I have several HP royalty OEMs and some generic OEM PCs at office. I have the Generic OEM CD, and some retail CD of Greek XP Professional with SP3.
Can you explain me, how could I use this tool to make a disk that would be suitable for use to the HP pc's mainly? I ran the program from cmd from inside the windows and everything OK, but how does this work to make a valid installation disk that will accept the OEM product keys of HP? Please explain, because i'm new but willing to learn!
Thanks!

grabben

grabben

-Grabben

• PipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • Joined 20-December 09
It will use OEM:SLP keys to activate corresponding oem's (crc values) found in bios.

I think all of them goes in OEM folder in root of your xpcd. I can also advise you to check out sushi's autoactivating kit on MDL Forum.